IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Haubstadt updates
6/29/08, 3:18 AM   #91
Re: Haubstadt updates
Obie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Spridgeon View Post

John, tell Jerry to keep his head on a swivel - they've got snipers on the roof!
I'm not gettin in the middle of this fight on here, cause I was at the track, but that was no sniper on the roof...it was Jackslash with a video camera. :wink

6/29/08, 3:39 AM   #92
Jerry Shaw

The track was really racy, all night, even though the cushion was treacherous. In the Sprint A, it claimed Hunter, who looked to be the only driver that had anything for Superman. Jeff Bland had to be the hard charger of the night, with Robert Ballou runner up in that category.

3/4 way through the midget A, it looked like Jon would pull off the double, but Loyet would not be denied. Several of the last five laps were as good as you'll ever see. And the aforementioned Ballou went almost unnoticed in a Hard Charger effort that saw him grab a Top 5, before the checker was thrown. And you have to feel bad for Hud Cone who was in the Top 4 and right there in the mix, before having bad luck befall him, right before the end.

Great job by the Tri-State folks, as usual. I will be back as long as they decide to run this event. Midgets are great on this track.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

6/29/08, 10:49 AM   #93
coachmeece

WOW great night have racing like always at tristate

great to see alot of my old friends at the track

Don you keep up what ur doing who cares what people say!!!!!!!!!!

It was good chatting with you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6/29/08, 11:24 AM   #94
mortboyz

Thanks to Jerry and John for the updates.:respect:
Really appreciated the political commentary as well....great stuff:applaud:

6/29/08, 12:41 PM   #95
ThrottleHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmeece View Post
WOW great night have racing like always at tristate

great to see alot of my old friends at the track

Don you keep up what ur doing who cares what people say!!!!!!!!!!

It was good chatting with you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Same here! It's always good to chat with nice folks from here!

6/29/08, 2:57 PM   #96
speedy1

Anderson was back to 11th, took the lead from loyet, but a yellow came out and they put him behind both john and brad!

6/29/08, 5:43 PM   #97
Kirk Spridgeon

I didn't mean to make you think I was bashing you, TH. In fact, I know a lot of people who appreciate the updates from the track. I just wasn't aware that you were on the credential list - and if I were a track, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be keen on someone getting in for free just to give out results from the race to people at home.

I know one of the best things about this board over the past four or five years has been the quick information from the tracks. Hopefully we can still get quick results from all the tracks, even if Buckley is out there zapping the updaters from his perch...

6/29/08, 6:36 PM   #98
ThrottleHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Spridgeon View Post
I didn't mean to make you think I was bashing you, TH. In fact, I know a lot of people who appreciate the updates from the track. I just wasn't aware that you were on the credential list - and if I were a track, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be keen on someone getting in for free just to give out results from the race to people at home.

I know one of the best things about this board over the past four or five years has been the quick information from the tracks. Hopefully we can still get quick results from all the tracks, even if Buckley is out there zapping the updaters from his perch...
The reason we credentialed is not solely for that purpose. One look at our site shows what all we do at these places. In summation: Kyle acquires interviews..... we get photos for the photo galleries (both pitside with Kyle and action photos by me... which we give discs to the facilities for letting us down there) plus we also do the live updates. So... it's for WAY more than just live updates. We also help promote these facilities. Of the facilities we talked to all but one have no problem with live updates from us. When an objection is raised then we do not do it.... like Saturday night. It is our belief that these facilities MAY lose at most a few dozen people because of it. All of us who go to the races know we'd rather be there. So, why would you stay home to see whats going on when you can be there? In talking to numerous people both involved directly with the racing and fans, we all agree that the fans who can be there WILL BE..... cause that is much more fun than sitting at home looking at a computer screen.

The purpose of live updates is to keep those informed who cannot be at the track. I know going in my job with the updates is to get it out there... so no matter what it takes I do that. If we can do that effectively, then the fans at the track can enjoy their nights more cause they are not burning up the texts. I know there are those who don't mind doing it....and those folks are awesome for doing it...... but if it's known someone out there has the setup to update and they don't have to.... well our take is it would make the night more enjoyable.

Our data shows approximately 80% of the people who use Live are more than 200 miles from a facility. 5% are within 75 miles. Our bet is those 5% are home for a reason.... illness, lack of money, work issues..... legitimate issues. Our updating is NOT keeping quite a few people away.

There are numerous things that go into us being at the track. The facilities have expectations from us... of which we comply. We do ask some facilities to help us out with scoring help, results or lineups. It's mutually beneficial to both parties.

If people just got credentials for just updating, Fred should be on the list EVERYWHERE he goes! I will not argue that!

6/29/08, 9:14 PM   #99
cecil98

I think the tracks position is a crock of @#$%! nobody is staying home from the races simply because someone is giving updates. Say all you want about how wonderful Haubstat is, I've lost a lot of respect for those people. It's absolute bullcrap!!!

6/29/08, 9:19 PM   #100
Jerry Shaw

Kevin MIller is on Wind Tunnel, this very minute.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Haubstadt updates