IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Overnight, Specialty Shipping Program Gives Performance Industry Big Savings
2/25/09, 2:51 PM   #1
Overnight, Specialty Shipping Program Gives Performance Industry Big Savings
MyPerformancePlus.com

ST. LOUIS, MO, February 19, 2009 -- The performance industry spends an approximate $5 Billion on transportation services each year. For overnight services, teams and manufacturers pay upwards of $1000 for that one-way ticket to ensure it arrives on time, by tomorrow.

A high price to pay, but as is the necessity of "getting it there" the sender has little choice in how or how much it takes - until now.

Performance Plus, Inc., ensures quality high-value freight and specialty services at up to 60% less than industry norms with the launch of its new program, Engines Overnight (R) . Its track record of working the shipping and performance industries helped the young company create a vertical marketing strategy to streamline freight costs into one quick, easy search.

"We've been in the Performance industry for over 30 years now and felt very much that our hands were tied when it came to the dollars we were spending on freight of our high-value equipment and engines," said Gordon Steffens, owner of Performance Plus and owner of a Motorsports team as well. "The Engines Overnight concept of going to just one spot to find the best rate puts that control - and huge savings, back in the hands of the sender."

Steffens has done his homework. He has negotiated rates with over 30 carriers including, FedEx Freight, U.S.F. Holland and Roadway by leveraging his experience in the performance industry and his 25 years of service in sales within the FedEx and Transportation Industry; he was also the creator of the DHL Performance Program. These negotiated prices would be nearly impossible for individuals to replicate on their own, but Steffens' standing in the industry gives him the edge and customers the discount.

"Engines Overnight makes shipping so easy, and they find you the best price," said Kenny Wallace, having just shipped his engine using the new service this past weekend after winning the Ocala Winter Nationals. "Working with Gordon and his team couldn't be better. They know racing and they know how crucial shipping our equipment is."

Engines Overnight serves engine builders, race teams and companies supporting the performance industry, from drag racing, circle track, Road Racing and off-road to boating, cycling and the entire motorsports arena. Customers enter a destination and then select from a list of providers on the best rate and time frame for their needs. Engines Overnight does the price shopping for them - at a significantly lower rate.

Signing up is free and easy, which is why Performance Plus has signed up more than 200 new accounts in the last two weeks including several of the leading engine builders and manufacturers in the industry. Customers can test drive the service with a general login provided on the site, http://www.myperformanceplus.com.
Last edited by MyPerformancePlus.com; 2/25/09 at 4:44 PM.

2/25/09, 2:57 PM   #2
Re: Overnight, Specialty Shipping Program Gives Performance Industry Big Savings
Jerry Shaw

Reported as spam.

Winston Churchill

2/25/09, 4:36 PM   #3
Re: Overnight, Specialty Shipping Program Gives Performance Industry Big Savings
MyPerformancePlus.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
Reported as spam.
Why would you report this as spam ? I would have gladly put this in a press release section but did not see one . It is a program that can save racers thousands of dollars . We just wanted racers to know about it and this is a sneak peek of the press release that will be in all of the performance publications world wide . The owner of this company has a son that races USAC Silver Crown and we have shipped for the largest sprint and midget builders in the nation . I ship Focus motors for USAC to tech, in fact we sent one from CA to NC for $177.00 in 3 days . In the period of time when teams are going belly up and cutting back I think people would appreciate being able to be part of a cost saving program that requires no obligation at all .
Last edited by MyPerformancePlus.com; 2/25/09 at 5:24 PM.

2/25/09, 5:42 PM   #4
Seadog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPerformancePlus.com View Post
Why would you report this as spam ? I would have gladly put this in a press release section but did not see one . It is a program that can save racers thousands of dollars . We just wanted racers to know about it and this is a sneak peek of the press release that will be in all of the performance publications world wide . The owner of this company has a son that races USAC Silver Crown and we have shipped for the largest sprint and midget builders in the nation . I ship Focus motors for USAC to tech, in fact we sent one from CA to NC for $177.00 in 3 days . In the period of time when teams are going belly up and cutting back I think people would appreciate being able to be part of a cost saving program that requires no obligation at all .
ARe you guys connected with TMC?

2/25/09, 8:23 PM   #5
MyPerformancePlus.com

Gregg,
We are not currently connected to TMC but we are aligned with 30 of the top LTL(less than truck load) carriers in the nation incuding FedEx,Roadwat,R&Land USF Holland to name a few. The site is set up to give you quotes then book LTL shippments instantly and has options for bulk,full truck load and a toll free customer service line to obtain excessive value insurance .We also have next day air and Internation service available upon request .

Give us a look,
Joe Hajek
joe@myperformanceplus.com
www.myperformanceplus.com
www.enginesovernight.com

2/26/09, 9:13 AM   #6
Seadog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPerformancePlus.com View Post
Gregg,
We are not currently connected to TMC but we are aligned with 30 of the top LTL(less than truck load) carriers in the nation incuding FedEx,Roadwat,R&Land USF Holland to name a few. The site is set up to give you quotes then book LTL shippments instantly and has options for bulk,full truck load and a toll free customer service line to obtain excessive value insurance .We also have next day air and Internation service available upon request .

Give us a look,
Joe Hajek
joe@myperformanceplus.com
www.myperformanceplus.com
www.enginesovernight.com
I was just curious about TMC, because Michael Annett has driven SC and thought that was your connection. I believe TMC is his family's company. Remember the gold "TMC" on Swindell's black #1 car back in the day? Sharp looking car.

Are you guy strictly catering to the motorsports industry? The place I work for in Cincinnati does what I consider a fair amount of shipping for a small company but is not motorsports related.

2/26/09, 2:48 PM   #7
Steffens

Greg,

we are providing significant savings and direct service for all industries, but our focus has been to provide a personal service for the Performance customers.
We would love to provide that value added service for your company. Please provide me with a contact that we can reach out to and set up a account.

you can reach me directly at 314-368-4251

thanks again

Gordon Steffens:checkered:

3/9/09, 11:17 PM   #8
Steffens

We have moved engines and freight for several top teams the past weeks and all have experienced great savings and personalized service.. ( track side pickups, no loss of time during a snow storn on the east coast, as well as a great value) please giive us a look before you ship your freight with another carrier.. we are all racers and understand your business.

thanks

Gordon Steffens:checkered:

6/29/09, 9:44 PM   #9
ENGINE SHIPPONG Performance Industry Big Savings
Steffens

Several new carriers every day with great rates.. we moved several engines last week for ASCS teams at a big $$ and overnight..

call us we will save you Time Money and make the process a smooth one.. No one better to help you than another racer..

Thanks

Gordon Steffens and the Performance Plus team

866-966-7587

8/10/18, 3:26 PM   #10
Re: Overnight, Specialty Shipping Program Gives Performance
Pop Alexandra

Are the rates still available? Please let me know.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Overnight, Specialty Shipping Program Gives Performance Industry Big Savings