IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2010 QMA Eastern Grands
2/7/09, 7:49 PM   #1
2010 QMA Eastern Grands
Sprint28j

Just heard that the 2010 QMA Eastern Grands will be hosted by the Mini Indy QMA club at the Indiana State Fairgrounds. In 2003 they had over 1000 cars there.

This will be a 1/4 midget race folks not what some would call .25

Jimmie Phelps

2/8/09, 3:34 PM   #2
Re: 2010 QMA Eastern Grands
rjmoul

Great work Mini Indy

http://www.miniindyspeedway.org/

Best wishes on putting together what will be an awesome event. The bar was set by Mini Indy in 2003 with the largest single quarter midget event ever. Lets shoot for more in 2010.

Regards,

Bob Moul

Mini Indy Alumni

2/8/09, 11:37 PM   #3
Biro 22

Bob, make sure they know not to let anyone practice the weekend before. Plays hell on the Pres. I'm glad I'm not doin that again. But I'll be there to watch.

Mr. Phelps, racing is racing. Who cares what they call them, or who the sanctioning body is. Just go out and have some fun. It will be over be for you know it. Competition, at whatever level, always improves the product. Quarter Midget racing will do nothing but get better because of this.

curt

2/9/09, 9:51 AM   #4
rjmoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biro 22 View Post
Bob, make sure they know not to let anyone practice the weekend before. Plays hell on the Pres. I'm glad I'm not doin that again. But I'll be there to watch.

curt
Sounds like you have been through this before. I will be there to watch also. I have the itch to maybe even come out of retirement to support he club and have my driver take another shot.

2/9/09, 6:30 PM   #5
Eric C

[QUOTE=Biro 22;86394]Bob, make sure they know not to let anyone practice the weekend before. Plays hell on the Pres. I'm glad I'm not doin that again. But I'll be there to watch.

Yeah Curt I thought you were going to get lynched over that ordeal in 2003

For thoses who do not know the host club for the Grands is not allowed to have anyone practicing on the track, I believe it is the weekend before move in day, well some of Mini-Indy members were there practicing the day before.

Curt was the QMA national president and had his hands full with alot of very upset members that had found out that some of Mini-Indy members had broke the rules, they were wanting them all to be disqualified (you really couldn't blame them) but the problem was nobody could say exactly how many and who they were , I think in the end Mini-indy ended up paying a pretty hefty fine seems like around $2,500.00

I was on the Grands Committee that year and it really was just an oversight on Mini-Indys part in not getting the word out to the membership on when the track was closed.

I sure did feel bad for Curt, that was my first year in quarter midgets and could not believe how heated that drivers meeting was.

Eric Cottongim

2/10/09, 1:49 AM   #6
Sprint28j

Mr Biro, I was working with the Nuckles family that year. You and the NBoD did the best you could along with the club on never before seen issuses.

I have been involved with 1/4 midgets since 1988, and I plan on being around this form of motorsport till my last day on earth. We the quarter midget family really need to understand why we do this. There are too many John Bickfords and not enough Rick Kilborne's.

Quarter midget racing allowed my father and I to have a bond that is strong to this day. The many hours spent working on the cars at home or at the track,and countless miles traveling up and down the highway. Most of my friends to this day I first met at a quarter midget race. Those things are what quarter midget raing are really about, not how many championships or fast times.

Ask most quarter midget alumni what they enjoyed most ? I bet most would say the same thing I did.

Jimmie Phelps

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2010 QMA Eastern Grands