IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Latest McCreadie Status
1/15/09, 11:51 PM   #11
Re: Latest McCreadie Status
ImmigrationSensation

Regardless of opinions of the insurance issue...we're all racers here. No true racer like seeing another competitor in a predicament like this.

That being said; as a racer and friend of Tim's I've set up a group on facebook for Tim's Support Fund. Those who have facebook accounts and wish to, please join and/or pass it on to others. Thank you.

Philip Snellen

1/16/09, 12:09 AM   #12
Topless77

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveCollopy View Post
Why donate? We will be paying his bill anyway. This is ridiculous. He knew darn well he wasn't covered when strapped into the car. Why should anyone pay a red cent for this besides himself? 100% irresponsibility on his end, period.

Posted via Mobile DeviceTry doing a bit of research about insurance before spouting off. Health insurance does not cover racing related injuries. Some carriers won't insure for regular med. if you race for a living.

1/16/09, 12:16 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Watson View Post
I'm not ripping on Tim here i'm just asking a question. How can you be a "short track racer" and not have any type of health insurance on your own?
I think you answered your own question. Racing is a clearly high-risk occupation, so I doubt the rates were cheap or if a company would even insure them.

This would be a question for STIDA.

1/16/09, 12:22 AM   #14
Larryoracing

Well, Bottom line we are lucky to have people like:

Philip Snellen

Thankyou very much. When my Dad died many years ago...Japanese people/friends/relatives put up a fund to help with costs of the funeral and anything else. I forgot what they called this..they had a Japanese word for it.

Can't remember the word...lol!

Bottom line it was just a custom/practice and a good one. I don't think anybody asked why or questioned it. You just did it.

Thanks for setting up the fund.

Sincerely,

Larry Otani:moon:

1/16/09, 12:45 AM   #15
REALDEAL

HMMMM I bet you work for a large company that PROVIDES insurance coverage for you. MOst people really don't know how expensive ins really is for self employed people.

1/16/09, 12:57 AM   #16
tqracer65

This is not the place to be bashing a guy who races for a living which would only be a dream for most. Just keep the negative comments to yourself and keep him in your thoughts and prayers.
Brad Wilson

1/16/09, 1:03 AM   #17
Larryoracing

One thing I want to say about Track Insurance is it helped me and so did the
track.

I once drove just a handful of Sr. Sprint Car races at Ventura, Ca and in my last
race I got upside down. I knew I had hurt my knee, but I really didn't want to
look at it. And I knew it was bleeding because I could see the blood coming
through my black racing suit, after it soaked through my fire retardent underwear.

Nobody really noticed...lol and I really didn't want to tell anybody..lol!

Well, to make a long story short and after a few beers and dinner I decided to look at it. It really didn't look good, so I went to the Emergency Room. After an
hour wait the doctor looked at it and laughed and said "How long has this been
like this?". I said "4 hours". He sewed my knee back together with 13 stiches.

Well, the bill was like 4,000 dollars if you can believe, that. I called Cliff
at the track and sent him the bill. The track and thier insurance paid for it
all.

Sincerely,

Larry Otani

1/16/09, 1:15 AM   #18
speed9

I think every one should thank all drivers that strap on a race car to put on a great show for the fans. YES racing is dangerous and great strides have been made in saftey equiptment and procedures, but every once in a while some one still gets hurt.
I think that if a fan gets hurt by flying cars or parts every one thinks that it is terrible, yes it is. Drivers some have insurance and some cant afford it. In any sistuation I realy think that if you cant help or be positive you need to be quiet.
Fans are the greastest thing on earth for drivers and if you are a fan, driver, pit crew or family member we all hurt for any one injured in a racing accident.
If you havent straped on a race car and you came to see a good show now is the time to by pass that extra beer and hot dog and help some one and their family pay this months mortage light bill or motel bill till Tim can return home.
Bills go on and familes pull together the racing community is stepping up and if you want to help thanks, if not ok. Respect thoes that drive and put on the race ing events. Insurance takes time to kick in, even if you have it.
If you were hurt at work, how would you want people to treat you?

1/16/09, 1:58 AM   #19
IndySprintCar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveCollopy View Post
Why donate? We will be paying his bill anyway. This is ridiculous. He knew darn well he wasn't covered when strapped into the car. Why should anyone pay a red cent for this besides himself? 100% irresponsibility on his end, period.
Jackass.

1/16/09, 2:21 AM   #20
LocalYokel

Here's to Tim getting better...

and along those lines, and I hate to even mention it, every short track racer in America should get the STIDA insurance package from the Rice's. It's increadably afforadable at only $425 per year.
Last edited by LocalYokel; 1/16/09 at 4:39 AM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Latest McCreadie Status