IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > That nasty word called CANCER.
12/14/08, 1:49 AM   #21
Re: That nasty word called CANCER.
Honest-Sam

Hey Bill, thanks for the up front info on your condition. I love your "get in it's face and tell it to F.O." attitude. I've been dead a couple of times, and I think I get it. Stay stong.

12/14/08, 2:14 AM   #22
Hubie

Bill

Fight the good fight. A positive attitude is the #1 thing to have

I really enjoy your message board, there are a lot of interesting things being discussed here.

12/14/08, 2:22 AM   #23
Flatrightrear

I pray for those that are ill everyday and your name has been on that list quite a while. I guess I just need to pray harder. God be with you, Bill.
Tom

12/14/08, 2:29 AM   #24
ThrottleHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gardner View Post
Thank you... I completely understand the thought of life not being fair sometimes... but I have to be honest here... Cancer has been the best and the worst thing to happen to me in my life. I know, some of you are saying how in the world could someone say that cancer is best thing to ever happen in a their life. Well, I will share... It wakes you up... It makes you realize that the stupid trivial things we all ***** about each and every day are really not so bad. It makes you appreciate your family and friends more. It makes you cry. It makes you laugh. It makes you try harder. It makes working seem not so bad. It makes holidays mean so much more. It makes you appreciate the smell and burning eyes from the exhaust of sprint car, I can go on and on.

While I admit... It sucks that I have to deal with this but as I've stated above... it has given me a greater appreciation for the simple things others take for granted.

Bring it on.:wink
Quote of the year right there, folks!

Bill, I have had the honor of meeting you and I could tell from that one meeting you are a fighter. You will fight this valiantly..... and the Gilbert family will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. I, as well as others, have faith that you will once again beat this down.

The one line I will take away from your post and remember is this:

"It makes you realize that the stupid trivial things we all ***** about each and every day are really not so bad."

Take care of yourself. I look forward to seeing you in January!

12/14/08, 6:03 AM   #25
Butch47265

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatrightrear View Post
I pray for those that are ill everyday and your name has been on that list quite a while. I guess I just need to pray harder. God be with you, Bill.
Tom
Bill I cant say I ever met you but i can say Ilove your messages about racing and I would like to let you know I will very faithfully be PRAYING for you, my wife went to heavan 5 yrs ago bad sickness but you got to FIGHT GOD BLESS you friend, Butch Wilkerson#1

12/14/08, 7:09 AM   #26
nowings4me

Bill, I have never met you, but promise to pray for you. I have lost a lot of my family to that disease. I pray you will stay strong, and I appreciate the hard work you have done on this website to bring race fans together. God Bless.

12/14/08, 9:04 AM   #27
cecil98

Bill, the Stevens family will be thinking of you and praying for you. Thanks for this wonderful site that let's us vent our petty frustrations, bicker, and or praise those and which we deem praiseworthy. It's entertainment for a slow evening and obviously a good release for some of us.

Craig Stevens

12/14/08, 10:18 AM   #28
Tim Watson

Sorry to hear the news Bill but hearing your positive attitude is something that will stick with me. Your never give up take on this is very admirable. Like you said "bring it on". :respect:

12/14/08, 10:39 AM   #29
Throttle10e

Bill, We are praying for you. Your strength and attitude are such an inspiration. Thanks for bringing us back to reality.

The Cottle's

12/14/08, 5:42 PM   #30
pletchfan

This was surely not what I wanted to see when I logged in here today, but, I am very impressed with how you are dealing with it. Truly as one who has been there, attitude and faith is EVERYTHING!!! You truly look at every single little thing differently. It makes your life so much richer. I know that sounds crazy but it is SO true. Bill, we will be praying for you to continue to stay strong and to have the attitude of a champion. God will help you beat this thing. He is still in the miracle working business and I think he has another miracle in his bag that has Bill Gardner's name on it. Keep us posted. We truly do care.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > That nasty word called CANCER.