IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Southern Indiana...
11/19/08, 11:00 AM   #21
Re: Southern Indiana...
Great Scott

Race Count This Year: 48
Race Count Last Year: 63

Sprint2

I am sure Obie and Barney can show you the ropes down that way. I bet you might still be able to find so of that illegal liquor down that way. Some of the stories I hear from my friends down in Spencer and Perry counties lead me to beleive it could still be around.

Welcome to Indiana!

11/19/08, 11:28 AM   #22
Stagger

Good luck Sprint2, I moved to N.E. Indiana "Fort Wayne" about 4 years ago for the Sprint Car racing.
I too was from the West. Grew up in PHX going to Manzy every weekend. Moved from Colorado when they shut the dirt track down an I too was layed off and a recent break up from a long term relationship.

I showed up in Fort Wayne with $50.00 bucks in my pocket, A fair job off of Monster.com and a sight on seen apartment I hooked up with off the net.

The second week I was here I used my last $20.00 I had to go to Gas City for the SCRA show " The last year Shuman ran them". I met some of the Greatest People that night which have turned into life long friends. One ownes a midget and helps with a sprint car team. I was a lucky guy considering I moved here for the Sprint car racing. I am a lucky guy.

Long Story short.... The cost of living is so low here I now have a Great GIG, Have a nice house, GREAT racing friends or friends in general. Indiana has been very good to me. Let alone all the race tracks and races I have seen.

The only thing you might have to do is SLOOOOOW DOOOWN. Indiana is not the West. It is very different. Good People but it is like going back in time. It took me a year to realize this and once I slowed down a bit life is good. People actually talk to thier neighbors here and do not be surprised if next door neighbors bring you home baked good and lots of good eats. Trust me you will put on 20 pounds in no time.

I hope you have the luck I have had. I imagine Southern IN is not much different.
Last edited by Stagger; 11/19/08 at 11:31 AM.

11/19/08, 11:37 AM   #23
terrehautian

If you want more information about Santa Clause, the owner of this site I am going ot link you to lived there for years.

http://www.negative-g.com/

He should have first hand knowledge of the town.

11/19/08, 12:00 PM   #24
Redbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney View Post
Is that old trolly car tavern still open in Hatfield? Boy now 25 years ago that was areal classy place.:wink:wink:wink
I don't know if it's still open or not Barney. Been a few years since I've been back.

I wonder if the town tycoon Mr. Duffy is still around. He owned Duffy's Market, Duffy's gas Station, Duffy's Pizza, ....

11/19/08, 12:12 PM   #25
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrehautian View Post
If you want more information about Santa Clause, the owner of this site I am going ot link you to lived there for years.

http://www.negative-g.com/

He should have first hand knowledge of the town.
but hasn't lived there for two years

11/19/08, 12:26 PM   #26
Sprint2

Hey Redbone, since ya lived soo close to Rockport, do ya remember the toilet company there?? That big plant is where ill be working warehousing parts for waupaka(?) for toyotas assembely line. Just curious to know if ya know what buildings i am talkin about???

11/19/08, 8:36 PM   #27
Tim Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint2 View Post
Hey Redbone, since ya lived soo close to Rockport, do ya remember the toilet company there?? That big plant is where ill be working warehousing parts for waupaka(?) for toyotas assembely line. Just curious to know if ya know what buildings i am talkin about???
Can you get me a job to? :help:

11/19/08, 9:33 PM   #28
Sprint2

If your serious, I can ask. Give me a call. 480-236-4343 My name is Alex.

11/19/08, 10:55 PM   #29
Tim Watson

Quote:
If your serious, I can ask. Give me a call. 480-236-4343 My name is Alex.
I would like to consider it but i think i would be coming empty handed cause my wife would take me to the cleaners. She doesn't think that moving for the reason of being closer to race tracks is :censor: :kookoo.

11/19/08, 11:39 PM   #30
Obie

Quote:
Waupaka is close to Tell City, about 20 mi. from Rockport. And the Toyota plant is at Princeton. I remember the toilet company bein in Rockport, but don't remember excatly where the building is at. I bet Barney does tho.

From Santa Claus you can find most anything you'll need within 20 to 40 miles. Get in touch with Barney or me when you get here if you need any help findin your way around.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Southern Indiana...