IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Southern Indiana...
11/19/08, 12:38 AM   #11
Re: Southern Indiana...
terrehautian

There might be a bar.....

Some facts about Santa Clause.

The town doesn't even have a stop light at hte moment. Holiday World is paying ot put one in because it is expanding. You should come sometime and meet up with me or Chuck at HW. It is a nice little park.

There might be bars, but I don't know if there is or not.

There is one gas station and one grocery store. They both probably close by 10pm. Holiday World is the biggest thing in that town. One million people visit that park a year this past year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Claus,_Indiana
Last edited by terrehautian; 11/19/08 at 12:41 AM.

11/19/08, 12:57 AM   #12
Joey Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint2 View Post
I'm movin because I was layed off here in Phoenix almost a month ago along with 20 thousand other people and cannot find any work. My dad who lives in Palm Beach FL owns a warehouse in Rockport IN and can put me to work there. The only reason for livin in Santa Claus is cuz he has a buddy that lives there that Ill be stayin with. So theres really nuthin to do around there??? Not even a little hole in the wall beer joint?
Santa Claus is probably the nicest town in Indiana. I doubt there are any beer joints.
Come on down to Evansville with us sinners, we got strippers, gambling, and booze

11/19/08, 1:31 AM   #13
Sprint2

Ahhh All the beautiful things in life. ha Im gonna take you up on that Joey.

11/19/08, 1:49 AM   #14
terrehautian

Just a quick superpages.com look up, there is a beer store in Santa Clause.

11/19/08, 2:01 AM   #15
Flatrightrear

Sprint2,
If you like fried chicken check out The Chicken Place bar in Ireland. Just head to Jasper on 231 and take a left on 56 and go about 5 miles. Been there forever, neat as a pin and really,really good!! You are in a good spot to make pretty quick runs up to Bloomington Speedway, Brownstown and Salem and, of course, Haubstadt.Plenty of beer joints around. You won't go thirsty. Welcome to Southern Indiana. Pretty scenery around this area.

11/19/08, 2:25 AM   #16
Eagle14

Joey,
Don't be telling him about all of our great stuff. haha Stephanies is a lovely place. We got some good bars... the gambling boat, some nice places to eat.. bout an hour from where ya live Sprint2. JOEY I got outta the hood!!! I am living in a house off of Franklin St. with 2 Sorority girls..haha ask Dirtfan...he's been to my place and is impressed with the tenants! haha Sprint2... we will have to meet up and Joey still need to do some Janbo one evening.:wink

11/19/08, 5:33 AM   #17
kylecumminsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by miledirt View Post
Drive about 2 1/2 hours west this winter to DuQuoin for some indoor midget shows...

The area you are moving to is quite beautiful. I grew up in So. Il., now live in STL
when is the DuQuoin midget show?? never been and was plannin on goin this year.. how much is it??

11/19/08, 8:23 AM   #18
miledirt

They haven't announced dates yet...

Last year, I believe it was one Saturday night a month Jan to Mar. around $15 to get in - micros and full size midgets

11/19/08, 8:40 AM   #19
Redbone

I used to live in Richland, about 15-20 minutes from Santa Claus and 5 minutes from Rockport. I absolutely loved living in Spencer County. A-K Steel was built there 10 years ago and kinda dominates the local scene.

Santa Claus is pretty quiet, but Rockport should have everything you need in a small town, including a few beer joints. Swing by Hatfield, about 5 -10 minutes east of Rockport and see if Chick's Inn is still open. Great place to grab a cold one, and maybe get into a brawl with locals.

11/19/08, 9:32 AM   #20
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
I used to live in Richland, about 15-20 minutes from Santa Claus and 5 minutes from Rockport. I absolutely loved living in Spencer County. A-K Steel was built there 10 years ago and kinda dominates the local scene.

Santa Claus is pretty quiet, but Rockport should have everything you need in a small town, including a few beer joints. Swing by Hatfield, about 5 -10 minutes east of Rockport and see if Chick's Inn is still open. Great place to grab a cold one, and maybe get into a brawl with locals.
Is that old trolly car tavern still open in Hatfield? Boy now 25 years ago that was areal classy place.:wink:wink:wink

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Southern Indiana...