IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thank you one & all
9/21/08, 1:15 PM   #1
Thank you one & all
Chuck

Last Friday night at the Bloomington Speedway, I was taken by surprise with a retirement ceremony for my last night at the track. The last nine years have been more gratifying than I could have imagined and I have met many wonderful people in a dream retirement job. I want to thank Mike and Judy Miles for the opportunity to represent the greatest venue in auto racing. There are many more people who helped me and I have made many new friends during this time, and the pleasure was all mine. All the fans, drivers, owners and crews made my dream job a a great deal of fun.

I wish to thank everyone for the respect I was given in my tenure with the Speedway. It is one of life's lessons that working hard is fun when people appreciate you. Thank you one and all for being a part of my life the last nine years.

Friday night will be different next year come April, but my wife, Mary K., and I will be able to watch our grandson race in Linton. We also have some grandsons playing football we want to watch. We will sneek into Bloomington Speedway to make sure things are going well and to say hello. Hope to see all of you evey soon.
Retired Chuck Welsh:checkered::redflag::respect:

9/21/08, 2:19 PM   #2
Re: Thank you one & all
Danny Burton

I want to thank you too, big guy. Count me as one of those friends you made in the past few years.

I want to thank you for just being yourself and always having a positive word for whomever crossed your path. You showed fans at Bloomington that it is a place that can feel like a home away from home. You showed us all how to handle what could be difficult situtations.

While I'm at it, Chuck, I'd better thank you for your sneaky hand in planning my 50th birthday party, which was several years ago. :thumb And how could I forget the night you let me tag along with you and write an article from that point of view? If ever golf cart racing became a sport, I'd gladly put my money on you. Riding in that with you was a cheap, but nice thrill.

Thanks again, bud. God willing, we'll look for you at Bloomington from time to time in '09.

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

9/21/08, 2:30 PM   #3
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Thanks go to you Chuck for all you've done.I remember seeing you wheel the big eighteen wheel rig a many of times around Bloomington.Best wishes to you in your 2nd retirement:thumb. Will miss your radio show also.
Mike and Judy have their work cut out replacing you and Rusty. Best wishes,good health, my friend, may the skies be blue and the stoplights be green for ya:respect::checkered:

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

9/21/08, 4:09 PM   #4
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

Chuck - thanks for all you've done to promote this great sport & Bloomington Speedway. On one of your return trips, please stop by to see the Morgans, especially Sam...he loved his Jr Fan Club trophy you gave him on Friday.

Enjoy yourself...you have certainly earned it!! :applaud: :checkered:

9/21/08, 6:31 PM   #5
Great Scott

Race Count This Year: 48
Race Count Last Year: 63

Chuck, Bloomington Speedway is a better place because of all of your efforts. I hope all of the racers, teams, and fans appreciate everything you have done.

Enjoy your "latest" retirement and have fun in New Smyrna Beach!

9/21/08, 11:07 PM   #6
riskybrisky5

Chuck you were a great assett to the Bloomington speedway and Sprint car racing. You will be sadly missed. You brought so much into the point fund for all classes and made it worth it to go for a Championship. Before Chuck it payed around a 150.00 to win the championship now it is probably 10 times that with cash and contigencies. Have fun watching your grandson race and from watching him race personally it wont be long till your back at Bloomington Speedway in victory lane. But instead of presenting trophies you will be recieving them with your grandson. Chucks grandsons name is Tyler Flynn and has been winning consistantly this summer at Linton. So in a few years when you hear that name at Bloomington you will know who it is.

9/22/08, 9:36 AM   #7
CROSSED FLAGS

Chuck, we didn't always agree on things, but the track is sure going to miss you. Thanks, rusty

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thank you one & all