IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > RIP Dwight Clock
9/8/08, 9:09 PM   #101
Re: RIP Dwight Clock
pgray

I became familiar with Indiana Openwheel message-board back in 2005 and quickly recognized frequent poster Dwight Clock as one of the senior membership and one to expect intelligent and informative posts from always ... you could count on it !

To me , Dwight Clock was IOW - (.... and surely will not be the same without him ! ).

Dwight contacted me early last year to wish me well in my first year of driving Midgets. Dwight was intrigued to learn more of my transition ( to midgets ) after a 36 year stock car career. We were about the same age and Dwight followed my progress closely during the '07 season.

Since learning of Dwight's passing I have really been bummed-out ... I knew nothing of his health problems. Iam so sorry.

We were racing at the Mount Lawn Speedway in New Castle , Indiana on August 1st , a year ago. It was the Tracy Hines benefit night. Dwight walked up and introduced himself and immediately wanted to know more about me as I was interested in learning more about him as we were both from the east coast. I enjoyed a great conversation with a man possessing a great knowledge and love of motorsports !

Thanks to everyone in this wonderful thread honoring the life and memory of a truly good guy ! :thumb

9/8/08, 11:44 PM   #102
Jerry Spencer

Bump :respect: :checkered:

Jerry #66j
www.joshspencer.com

9/8/08, 11:51 PM   #103
itsanonwingthing

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 51

I forgot I took this photo of Dwight at the ORP PRA race last year. He was involved with the PRA somehow, and would always contact Jason or Jason with questions brought up by IOW'ers, about upcoming PRA races.

R.I.P. :checkered:

On Edit: the photo I had loaded of Dwight has disappeared from the IOW server.
10/7/08, I have reposted the photo.
Last edited by itsanonwingthing; 10/7/08 at 9:55 AM. Reason: Photo is missing

9/9/08, 9:30 AM   #104
darland36

R.I.P our dear friend! Thank you for being such a great supporter of Dave and his racing endeavors! We will truely miss your friendship and support! You now have one of the best spots to watch a race and we know that you will continue to cheer on Dave along beside Dave's dad! We will miss you!

The Darlands!

9/10/08, 4:03 AM   #105
Jerry Spencer

Bump one more time. :respect: :checkered:

Jerry #66j
www.joshspencer.com

9/11/08, 5:50 PM   #106
donhubbard

Can anyone give me Dwight Clock's Brother, Russ's email addy. I had it until my pc crashed and got a new one but lost all my addresses. Thanks.
Don Hubbard Sooner Circles www.hoseheads.com

9/11/08, 6:07 PM   #107
Honest-Sam

I have no info for Russ, but Dwight's sister and another brother(I assume) have posted here under the names Onlysister and sjclock. You might try to PM them. Who knows?

Hope this helps.

9/11/08, 10:22 PM   #108
broz

Extremely sad news...
ALWAYS enjoyed Dwight's insight and stories he shared with us over on another board! A TRUE gentleman and will be certainly missed

My condolences to Dwight's family and MANY friends all over the world!

RIP :respect::respect:

9/11/08, 10:51 PM   #109
KSmith15

Met Dwight helping with the X2RA Series, he was a very Knowledgeable as well as very Kind person... It is a sad day to read this...

R.I.P. Dwight

Kevin Smith #15

9/15/08, 4:49 PM   #110
hasbeen

I donot believe I ever met Dwight,although the name was so famliar to me.

I was going to try and meet up with him on his next trip to Long Island to see if infact our paths crossed at the ole Islip Speedway.. Im sorry now I didnt do that sooner....
He had a way that you took anything he said about racin to the "bank"

If Dwight said it it had to be true

R.I.P. Dwight

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > RIP Dwight Clock