IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg Idea...
8/27/08, 4:24 PM   #21
Re: Lawrenceburg Idea...
RACEADDICT

I have not been to the new Lawernceburg yet and being from Illinois it takes a committment to do it. I will tell you as a racer,myself and my "teammate" have talked about going over there but have decided against it because we did not want to buy new tires just to run there. Especially for people from a distance, that all tracks like to see stop by throughout the season, it does not make sense to spend that extra$400 on a couple of new RR's when we pass tracks on the way that all run the DT3 we already have for MSCS and most local tracks. Everyone likes it when out of towners stop by on a given Saturday night to run against the local favorites, I just think that you lose a lot of those impromtu visits because of it. JMO

Chad Branson

8/27/08, 4:33 PM   #22
rhamilton91

different tire longer trip more fuel no brainer for us to stay closer to home not to mention more $$$$ when you hit concrete.... i think this is the same for alot of teams... also still think they screwed up one of the best bullrings around just my thoughts.....

8/27/08, 4:52 PM   #23
Knoke77

My nephew Logan ran the entire evening from hotlaps to feature on the same compound RR tire a couple weekends ago....It was a DT3!! Ended up 4th in the feature and almost had 3rd at the line!

I'm not buying the whole tire deal anymore after seeing the USAC guys this year break track record after track records set back when guys were qualifying on brand new D10's and SD23's. Cut'em, grind'em and race'em!

8/27/08, 5:29 PM   #24
Dwight Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Can't speek for the racers but as a fan, The RACING both tacky and slick has been more exciting. Quite honestly three of the four shows I've seen were better than any show Id seen at ELDORA, EVER. Ive seen the so called low buget teams do well on it with a good setup and someone hanging it out on this track is just MIND BLOWINGLY AWESOME. I so look forward to Ballou doing it again this weekend! Just remember his and Stanbroughs tire problems at Sprint week were on DT'3s but that doesn't mean there wasn't other factors in it.

See you for the remaining sprint races at the Burg, Maybe Kokomo Clash but not fun fest.

Chuck
Hate to tell you Chuck but Ballou is at Calistoga this weekend.

8/27/08, 5:33 PM   #25
Racerrob

Once you have found the setup that works for a DT-3 you can be just as competitive as running a D-10.

When we ran the local show this year at the Burg we ran a DT-3 and we were not beaten by tires!!

The open tire rule is a non issue. I think the increased speed and a very imposing and unforgiving concrete wall are keeping less experienced/less talented drivers from competing.

Rob Hoffman

8/27/08, 5:59 PM   #26
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I'll totally agree the racing hasn't suffered (If any from the DT3) and records and side by side racing continue as good as ever. I dont' every think that was the main issue. The issue was tracks EXCLUSIVELY MANDATING ONE BRAND when other teams had sponsorships from brand AR.

I think Kokomo uses the DT3-MC3 deal, How is that working out?

So far there are far more replies for the spec tire than against. Time to make some phone calls. One of the remaining races is a DT3 mandated (MSCS) and I really wouldn't expect them to change for this year but they could for next year.

8/27/08, 10:20 PM   #27
lovindirt

It all boils down to money,money, money. It makes the world go round, rite. If everything goes up, then so should the purses, period. We all love racing but I do believe we love living just as much. If they want a show then we all pay the price, if we pay then they should pay as well. I'm not saying raise everything, BUT we cannot put on a show weekly and loose our butts weekly. All ends have to make a living. I for one do not think that Hoosier should get all the money and screw everyone else, that is not the answer. If a company goes under thats a few more AMERICANS out of jobs. Hey if the man wants a DT3 or what ever, then let him make that choice, he just better hit the set up to get heat in that tire to beat that softer one. Rite now the only one making any money is the big oil co's., and our gov. Keep the food prices down, shoot to sell more, make the fan base happier, can afford to go , then they will buy more tickets. More shirts more everything. More 50/50. Give away Bikes, and power saws and various things to attract the fans more, get the community involved a bit more. What would a woman want to win? Think Think Think, you can make it happen. If the purse were higher, they could race more period, its note the size of the track, its money If you have a good engine it will last. If not it won't period you will just have to build a better one next time. If NASCAR can go 600 hundred miles, then we can go 10. The guys in the silver crown cars aren't saying I hope its just a 1/4 mile track, because our 355 can't handle much larger faster tracks.

JMO Jeff Sweat

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg Idea...