IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Incredible Badger Midget Highlights Angell Park 5/19
5/20/24, 6:38 PM   #1
Incredible Badger Midget Highlights Angell Park 5/19
RMR3

You won't see a better race anywhere in the country. The Badger Midgets and Angell Park deliver every single time! If you don't like this I'm sorry but you can't be helped!

https://youtu.be/eEKCm9kpx5c?si=7UUedRpfsmOBuHcG
Last edited by RMR3; 5/20/24 at 7:06 PM.

6 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, duel, erich45, racenut69, Rapid Rick, TNRustler
5/20/24, 10:01 PM   #2
Re: Incredible Badger Midget Highlights Angell Park 5/19
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 9
Race Count Last Year: 22

Yes, but they screwed the pooch by not getting the Sprint feature in. I’d be extremely upset if I went to a Touring series show and the local track ran the support classes first knowing the curfew was 10pm and ran outta time

4 members like this post: billw, Bostonian, luckybuc97, staggerman
5/21/24, 8:03 AM   #3
Jonr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo View Post
Yes, but they screwed the pooch by not getting the Sprint feature in. I’d be extremely upset if I went to a Touring series show and the local track ran the support classes first knowing the curfew was 10pm and ran outta time
I agree with your statement, but some would argue that the midgets at Angell Park are the top bill.

4 members like this post: Midget98, Points, Rapid Rick, RMR3
5/21/24, 10:44 AM   #4
RMR3

Quote:
NEVER consider midgets a support class at Angell Park. Saying so is blasphemous. And the sprints are terrible at APS and ruin the track. Its just too narrow for them. Many of the fans left after the midget feature. That tells me what they came to see.
Last edited by RMR3; 5/21/24 at 10:47 AM.

4 members like this post: erich45, John P Huss, Midget98, Radicle
5/21/24, 1:09 PM   #5
leftrear

The midgets will always be the show at Angell Park. Virtually nobody goes there to see the other classes. The track was made for midgets and taking out the inside guardrail and trying to widen the track did nothing for the sprinters. It is great to see the fields and racing that Badger is putting on.

5 members like this post: erich45, John P Huss, Midget98, PJ Wright, RMR3
5/21/24, 4:09 PM   #6
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 9
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMR3 View Post
NEVER consider midgets a support class at Angell Park. Saying so is blasphemous. And the sprints are terrible at APS and ruin the track. Its just too narrow for them. Many of the fans left after the midget feature. That tells me what they came to see.
I get it that's a great midget track, but then why do they have 3 IRA and 1 USAC show on the schedule if the Sprints are terrible? Your comment makes me want to avoid the place. I'd sure hate to go there for a USAC event and that happen. Bad enough it happened to IRA.

2 members like this post: luckybuc97, The Old Coyote
5/21/24, 4:59 PM   #7
kendirt

Quote:
Yeah, so ***** on an epic Midget race. Through four races Badger is averaging thirty cars and has had four different winners. Let's focus on that. They're getting done while everyone on here is crying about low car counts everywhere else.

You think BMARA operates Angell Park? Not the case. You'll need to take your complaints about the race you weren't even at to other parties.
Last edited by kendirt; 5/21/24 at 5:01 PM.

2 members like this post: PJ Wright, TNRustler
5/21/24, 8:55 PM   #8
Jonr

This was a topic on DirtTracker Daily which gives it more context. First, if I went to Angell Park and did not see the midgets, I would be extremely mad. However, they did run the legend main before the IRA show, and that should have never happened. They were also not in hurry up mode. There is absolutely no reason to have a trophy presentation when you are up against the curfew. I have been to plenty of curfew tracks that will only have one trophy presentation at the end of the show for all of the main event winners. Everyone gets their picture taken. Everyone gets to have their friends and family involved and it takes up zero time on the curfew watch.

I firmly believe that all tracks should run their show as if they were under a curfew watch, even if it is a self-imposed curfew. Every track should run every night in hurry up mode. Dash draws, main event invert draws, driver introductions, trophy presentations, driver interviews are all just time killers. If your track does any of them, you are only adding nonvalue added time to the program.

5/23/24, 9:47 PM   #9
RMR3

More Badger video from the Dahlke Memorial

https://youtu.be/u1rC-JUTP0I?si=aO0W7HaFyVz1PavR

5/23/24, 10:10 PM   #10
Rapid Rick

Heading up there for the Fireman Nationals Labor Day weekend. That show just wet my chops!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Incredible Badger Midget Highlights Angell Park 5/19