IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midget counts this weekend for Xtreme
5/13/24, 1:27 PM   #21
Pitdad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonr View Post
Thanks for the fact check.

When C Bell won the Badger championship, wasn't that the year that Kenny Brown was the promoter at Angell Park and had a lot of co Sanctioned races with POWRi?
Yes

5/14/24, 1:34 AM   #22
Re: Midget counts this weekend for Xtreme
jdull99

http://www.bmara.com/standings/2014/4028/1037

https://thethirdturn.com/wiki/Christ...sociation/2014

I didn't go to the banquet that year ("only" ran p/t in the bmara micro division - winning our final heat race ever at Angell Park - as we took a top 10 in points in the modified 4 cylinder stock car NASCAR tier4 or whatever it was, class at the now defunct Rockford Speedway); but I have wondered ever since; did Christopher show up for his championship hardware? (I really do think it is cool to say he was a BMARA champ. Not too many people most likely realized that).
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

5/14/24, 2:07 AM   #23
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonr View Post
Thanks for the fact check.

When C Bell won the Badger championship, wasn't that the year that Kenny Brown was the promoter at Angell Park and had a lot of co Sanctioned races with POWRi?
It was a nice trip down memory lane...lol. I think I got most of it correct...

(...since you kinda mentioned it, lol - and it was this time of year, the 2nd/3rd/4th weeks of May); Those APSARA races do not exist online (that I can find). There was some legit competition (in addition to Davey); I think Jerry Coons won the 1st one, but the race I mentioned (the last one) also featured future bmara champs David Budres & Robbie Ray and bmara feature winners Daniel Robinson & Kurt Mayhew; & my buddy (IRS Wilmot feature Winner) Eddie Sauer. I'll be forever thankful for the crew help and brand-new right rear tire (rare for our team to have) purchased by former bmara driver Jake Slotten. I'll never get in the bmara HoF (which I do think is very cool that they are doing); but if there was an APSARA HoF, I'd like to think I'd have a shot....

So enough about that. Good to see some cool young winners of last weekend's Badger races & full speed ahead for those involved as they get into the heart of the season.
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

5/15/24, 4:56 PM   #24
oppweld

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 25

ARDC was also established in 1939.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, dirtybob29
5/16/24, 9:28 AM   #25
RMR3

The scary thing about the midget car counts is that in a night of 20 cars, how many of those cars are owned by just a handful of people? When one team brings 6-8 cars that's 30-40% of the field. What happens when that guy decides to fold up shop and go wing sprint car racing? Or what if Toyota pulls out of midget racing and stops subsidizing the engines? Or what if he doesn't like a rule and boycotts?

The only series thinking long term success right now is Badger. There are no big multi car teams. They have 30+ cars fairly regularly and no engine subsidies. Their races are all close to their home base so travel costs are reasonable. There are some things that can still be improved, but the series is strategically and purposefully set-up for the long haul.
Last edited by RMR3; 5/16/24 at 9:33 AM.

6 members like this post: beaner, dirtybob29, erich45, fourteen fan, oldfan49, PJ Wright
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midget counts this weekend for Xtreme