IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Burg, GLSS.
5/12/24, 1:18 PM   #1
Burg, GLSS.
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

GLSS brought 28 Winged 360s to the Burg last night. Track was good for feature, narrow for Heats. And im sure most of em's tires were good after the event. Danny Samms won I think from third. Max Stambaugh started sixth or eighth and got second and Randy Hannigan got third from 18th.

I left with two to go after a fuel stop was deemed necessary.

The track was much wetter than it looked when i got there. Sitting on the back stretch next to great racers and I was having a good time. But it was 8 before they could hot lap. 9 before the races started.

To their credit, the feature was on the track at 1015 with a short intermission to till the cushion to widen it out.

The feature was one that was good, But only had one good stretch of green flag racing. I kinda wish with Wings they'd start the race but actually throw the green at lap five for heats and lap three for features.

Anyway, Hannigan somehow came fifteen spots.

See ya next week.

5/12/24, 5:30 PM   #2
staggerman

Good to see a solid car count from GLSS. Would love to see them give FAST a show next year. How was the crowd, any larger than a regular show?

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
5/12/24, 6:06 PM   #3
Re: Burg, GLSS.
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by staggerman View Post
Good to see a solid car count from GLSS. Would love to see them give FAST a show next year. How was the crowd, any larger than a regular show?
Crowd was ok, Bigger than the Boss Show a couple weeks ago but that was COLD. Last night was comfortable with a light jacket till about 1030 then a coat was adequate.

5/13/24, 9:03 AM   #4
MilfordSprintFan

Race Count This Year: 1
Race Count Last Year: 8

Sorry why did they start 2 hours late? Working the track? For someone that doesn’t get to the track as often as he’d like that’s concerning.

5/13/24, 10:15 AM   #5
Re: Burg, GLSS.
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilfordSprintFan View Post
Sorry why did they start 2 hours late? Working the track? For someone that doesn’t get to the track as often as he’d like that’s concerning.
The back stretch had water bubbling up out of it at hot lap time. They tried bringing sprints out to run it in. They wouldn't run thru it. So they finally sheepsfooted the back stretch about four times. brought out the mods and they got it run in..

All the heats and consis were run in a hour or so. Feature was on track at 1015. several reds. I left at 11 with two to go.

Wouldn't expect it as the norm. But the tracks been good. Except for USAC which was good till hallway thru feature.

It's been good on tires. Mostly off the wall and not so hard. I think the racers are liking it..

Northern All Stars LM's this week. If you've never seen Josh Rice, Marlar and Bobby Pierce on big tracks, YOu gottta see it.!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Burg, GLSS.