IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Simpler times
4/17/23, 8:26 AM   #11
John P Huss

Right On Mlamb!
Best Regards,
John
Last edited by John P Huss; 4/17/23 at 8:27 AM.

2 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, mlamb
4/17/23, 9:53 AM   #12
flagboy55

Getting old is real. People say it’s just a number and all the other cliches and that’s true. However the human body doesn’t adhere to cliches. I try to keep a young mindset and try to keep myself in at least a reasonable state of fit, but I unfortunately recognize more limitations. We have been down the road of accusations against streaming, and some are relevant. I however believe there are more important issues affecting attendance. For one, up here in the region, gas prices are sneaking up to the $4 mark again, and I’ll bet they pass it by Memorial Day.

4/17/23, 10:36 AM   #13
oppweld

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Getting old is real. People say it’s just a number and all the other cliches and that’s true. However the human body doesn’t adhere to cliches. I try to keep a young mindset and try to keep myself in at least a reasonable state of fit, but I unfortunately recognize more limitations. We have been down the road of accusations against streaming, and some are relevant. I however believe there are more important issues affecting attendance. For one, up here in the region, gas prices are sneaking up to the $4 mark again, and I’ll bet they pass it by Memorial Day.
Let's not forget hard-core NonWing Nation is older period. I'd like to see some minor adjustments that could help out at some tracks. More Reserve Seating: Especially at big events. Not everyone can come early to grab a good seat. Reserve Parking, I'd pay an extra 20 - 25 bucks to show up at race time and park behind the stands. Not everyone is handicap and even those fill up quickly. Some tracks could provide 10-20 spaces for a feature like this. Golf cart rides from outlying Parking: Major help to elderly or recovering fans. Ex. I had a hip injury a few years ago and the ride provided @ Winchester was greatly appreciated.

4/18/23, 8:03 PM   #14
Re: Simpler times
TommyTipover

Couldn't wait for the mailman to come every week to deliver the NSSN. Read every page of it. Outside of USAC, now I don't know who won what race unless it happens to show up in my Facebook feed.

7 members like this post: flagboy55, Hustlin-Hoosier, jdull99, mlamb, okie, oppweld, Rapid Rick
4/18/23, 11:01 PM   #15
ThrowbackRacingTeam

NSSN was the best way to follow racing. Much better than now. I still miss it. Still have a Speedway directory we bought from Allan at Knoxville many years ago. It was handy to have and we found out about tracks we never heard of. I’d happily ditch my cell phone and internet to go back to 1979 when I saw my first sprint car race, without a doubt.

7 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Hustlin-Hoosier, jdull99, John P Huss, mlamb, okie, stp6237
4/19/23, 5:46 PM   #16
dirtybob29

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 22

I love watching racing on Flo , but I love going to the races more . I only stream races I can’t get to . And seeing some tracks on Flo has convinced me I need to get to them .

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Simpler times