IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Vookie (Offline)
  #1 2/21/23 3:34 PM
https://www.floracing.com/articles/1...generalcontent
4 Likes: bighd0522, motorhead748, Stevensville Mike, WinglessLovers
Dale (Offline)
  #2 2/22/23 10:52 AM
Maybe this is the rebirth of some creative and innovative promotion. Like we need at Terre Haute.
4 Likes: bighd0522, Hustlin-Hoosier, LUCKYONE, Tief
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #3 2/22/23 2:50 PM
Maybe this is just a gimmick.

The one I liked best was the wheel of doom with invert 4-6-8-10- Whole field.

Charles Nungester
3 Likes: flagboy55, Hustlin-Hoosier, PIT CART
cmakin (Offline)
  #4 2/22/23 3:06 PM
I shot at a local paved track a couple of years ago, and the cone choice was used on restarts during the features. Personally, I liked it. . . .

Be sure to visit www.manvelmotorsports.com. 2024 Robert Ballou Calendars are available.
NoDramazone2020 (Offline)
  #5 2/22/23 3:30 PM
I think the First Race at LPS they did the invert thing....not positive, but I think they did this and I was thinking Larson went back
cmakin (Offline)
  #6 2/22/23 4:16 PM
Some years ago, we had a local track down here (now gone) that would use a giant die thrown from the flag stand to set the invert for the features. Gimmicky, but I liked it.

Be sure to visit www.manvelmotorsports.com. 2024 Robert Ballou Calendars are available.
2 Likes: Hustlin-Hoosier, TQ29m
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #7 2/22/23 5:35 PM
EVERY invert is a gimmick. At least with this one the driver has a chance to say "Yay" or "Nay".

The weirdest one I remember was a few years back at Plymouth (on the dirt). The drivers shot a bow and arrow vice a pill draw.

Chiming in live from the West Coast of Michigan.... Mike
Andrew S. Quinn (Offline)
  #8 2/22/23 5:47 PM
How many drivers have gone to the back in the Front Row Challenge in recent years? In the early years of it,most would take the challenge,in the later years of me attending,no one took the challenge.

Now everyone wants to start up front for a decent chance at winning rather than starting further back and not having much of a chance at winning.
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, Ilovedirttrackracing, tirespinner
brian2h (Offline)
  #9 2/22/23 10:09 PM
Maybe if they want more racers they should take a little off the top and move it on down it pays 125 bucks for any position in the b main. Plus they had the bombers there and changed them 40 pit passes but didn’t pay anymore than a regular night. Larson wants to claim he’s giving back to the racers lol I bet he walked away from lps with a suitcase full of cash. I get it it sounds better to advertise that big grand prize but only 1 guy can win.
8 Likes: 2HWrench, cowboyhar69, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, LUCKYONE, RichH, Therealether, tirespinner
on_the_edge (Offline)
  #10 2/27/23 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by brian2h:
Maybe if they want more racers they should take a little off the top and move it on down it pays 125 bucks for any position in the b main. Plus they had the bombers there and changed them 40 pit passes but didn’t pay anymore than a regular night. Larson wants to claim he’s giving back to the racers lol I bet he walked away from lps with a suitcase full of cash. I get it it sounds better to advertise that big grand prize but only 1 guy can win.
So be the guy who wins? The majority of the people going to those races are going with the mindset to win the race not run the bmain. Minus maybe the Knoxville nationals you aren’t paying for a night of racing by running the b. And if I recall it paid like $1500 just to start the feature. If you don’t think you can win atleast make the a, those are the guys who get awarded at every race not the ones running the b. And no one is forcing you to support them if you don’t like it you can stay home that is always an option but for the guys who are going to make the a it sets up a decent payday.

"It's the fastest who get paid, and the fastest who get laid".
5 Likes: Bill Angel, dkdorkboy, OnTheHammer, PIT CART, progressive22