IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MAV coverage
1/14/23, 9:29 PM   #11
Re: MAV coverage
jdull99

They previously announced it was all gona be on FLO (no switching, just some sort of added broadcast on MAV...the one article I continue to reference did say Cs, Bs & A; but I still wonder if that referred to some sort of production company for the 6pm airing of the Cs & Bs)...

The time that it airs on MAV was my only question. I have conceded that the official answer is 9:30cst. I'll see whats on then (interviews, tape delays, green flag for A - ya right, no way that will be at 930...) - right now, of all things, the many time aired POWRi race from Wheatland is on...uggghhh...

...Oh well, just got done installing a dishwasher (older one was broke since September & I had help today). I may visit the Mid-am stockcar banquet going on next to our local track (they do run some dirt races) and then I'll tune in at 9:30. Otherwise I'll see the results page and some short videos on Twitter.

Hope everyone enjoys however they see it.
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
Last edited by jdull99; 1/14/23 at 9:52 PM.

1 member likes this post: Hustlin-Hoosier
1/15/23, 3:59 AM   #12
jdull99

I was able to park in front of a TV at 10:05cst and the B-mains were up (& shown on MAV) shortly after that. That was nice. I thought the coverage of the A was good (started at 11:48pm and ended at 12:21am, according to my memory clock. That was fine. Woulda been 10:21 on the west coast, so not too late at all).

Only saw brief highlights of the C-mains (after they are over; you don't care as much though, so oh well).

3 hours of midget racing on Saturday night in the middle of the winter is always great as far as I'm concerned. I don't go out of my way for any more of it (other than checking results online and attending 6 or so races a year at Angell Park the last couple of years). I'd take an 8:30cst start on MAV next year if they want to (I still say the whole deal can get rid of that pole shuffle and condense things up), but I do not think to many listen to many of my ideas so I'll just enjoy what I can as I can; suppose I'll see this replay of Wheatland a few more times this off season...lol.

1 member likes this post: John P Huss
1/15/23, 8:03 AM   #13
Joe Schaub

I didn't enjoy the pole shuffle either. The idea is neat but the reality is that with it being so short of laps in each segment, the drivers don't have enough to get the cars sorted out before the segment ends.

The parade of states is always nice, just feel really bad for the Illinois drivers. I'd wear the balaclava and a fully blank suit so no one would recognize me if I had to walk with that flag.

FOR THE RECORD: I am a life-long resident of downstate Illinois aka the good area

6 members like this post: flagboy55, jdull99, luckybuc97, miledirt, racenut69, Rcar
1/16/23, 2:41 AM   #14
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Schaub View Post
I didn't enjoy the pole shuffle either. The idea is neat but the reality is that with it being so short of laps in each segment, the drivers don't have enough to get the cars sorted out before the segment ends.

The parade of states is always nice, just feel really bad for the Illinois drivers. I'd wear the balaclava and a fully blank suit so no one would recognize me if I had to walk with that flag.

FOR THE RECORD: I am a life-long resident of downstate Illinois aka the good area
LOL at this one...IL does have a lot of nice race tracks though!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MAV coverage