IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > No return visit to Huset's for USAC
11/28/22, 2:15 PM   #51
Re: No return visit to Huset's for USAC
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vookie View Post
Yet there is no Xtreme sprint cars in 2023 apparently. Just like I posted. Volusia will get some USACers and others I think it helps with the number of cars willing to travel having five races vs three.

11/28/22, 5:05 PM   #52
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
They didnt just cross promote, they ran at Little Belleville just across town. Quinn made both features one year.
From memory the first year the Gold Crown was a POWRi race,then the 2nd I think it was co sanctioned with USAC,then a USAC race from then on.

LOts of people were not happy with Little Belleville going against the Gold Crown. I even e-mailed POWRi asking if they could move their date,and in the same e-mail I inquired if they had ever thought of having a midget week.

Kenny Brown e-mailed me back and I later talked to him on the phone,and he told me why they couldnt move the date,etc etc. He was interested in a midget week,so we talked about that,and it happened the next year and every year since then.

Any long time readers here would know that I loved Little Belleville and made my racing schedule around when they raced midgets there. I was told by one member here that I wasnt a real race fan in choosing to go to Little Belleville instead of the Gold Crown. That night I went to Little Belleville,and was gonna head home,and then I thought I hadnt heard anything from Monica Clauson,so I went to Tri City and arrived just in time for the 4 wide parade lap. So I got to see 2 midget features that night,one of the many times over the years that I have done 2 races in one day.

Now the guy that said I wasnt a real fan,I saw running to the parking lot with about 4 to go apparently to beat the rush out of the parking lot on the way home........
Last edited by Andrew S. Quinn; 11/28/22 at 5:07 PM.

11/28/22, 5:25 PM   #53
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfan49 View Post
A perfect place for a new "Crown Jewel" traditional sprint race would be I-70 Speedway in Odessa Missouri

It is on Interstate 70 and has good access from all directions (although it does have some access road issues)
It has more than enough parking and seating (not to mention the comfort of the seating)
It is close to the center of the US
The area has a long and large history of Super Mod and non wing sprint car racing.
There is a good base of non wing cars in the area.
The area fan base has always supported big non wing shows.
Casey Shuman is a huge and welcome addition to the track management team.

Let's hope we soon see the return of the Ron Shuman Classic and see someone win that Pedal Car

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG0ldABb8U0&t=511s
I wouldnt mind seeing 3 races in one swing,I-70,US 36 and Lakeside. If they wanted to add a 4th race,I would just as soon go to Eagle again too.... Theres my weeks picks in a pinch.....Not that it will happen but.....
Last edited by Andrew S. Quinn; 11/28/22 at 5:26 PM.

11/28/22, 10:21 PM   #54
Jonr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew S. Quinn View Post
I wouldnt mind seeing 3 races in one swing,I-70,US 36 and Lakeside. If they wanted to add a 4th race,I would just as soon go to Eagle again too.... Theres my weeks picks in a pinch.....Not that it will happen but.....
Three great tracks and all three are within 45 minutes from my house. Let's make it happen.

11/30/22, 7:27 AM   #55
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

"Wouldnt mind seeing 3 races in one swing,I-70,US 36 and Lakeside. If they wanted to add a 4th race,I would just as soon go to Eagle again too.... Theres my weeks picks in a pinch.....Not that it will happen but....."

Didn't this happen May of this year,US36 was rained out.
Is Eagle still open?

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
Last edited by Dirtfan; 11/30/22 at 7:44 AM.

11/30/22, 12:03 PM   #56
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
"Wouldnt mind seeing 3 races in one swing,I-70,US 36 and Lakeside. If they wanted to add a 4th race,I would just as soon go to Eagle again too.... Theres my weeks picks in a pinch.....Not that it will happen but....."

Didn't this happen May of this year,US36 was rained out.
Is Eagle still open?
As far as I know, Eagle is still running. Nearby I-80 just closed down though.

I can’t remember if they were scheduled for this past year or not. Saw a great midget race at US 36 ages ago.

2 members like this post: Dirtfan, Ilovedirttrackracing
11/30/22, 12:16 PM   #57
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew S. Quinn View Post
As far as I know, Eagle is still running. Nearby I-80 just closed down though.

I can’t remember if they were scheduled for this past year or not. Saw a great midget race at US 36 ages ago.
I knew one of em shutdown,same way I30 went.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

2 members like this post: Andrew S. Quinn, Ilovedirttrackracing
11/30/22, 5:14 PM   #58
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
I knew one of em shutdown,same way I30 went.
Yes it was I-80,which isnt very far from Eagle Raceway. I-80 had Tour N' Topless races there after Knoxville for a few years,and I would hit those along the way to the finale at Lakeside.

Another good thing about having a race at Eagle,is the Speedway Motors museum is just down the road a few miles to the west,and that should be on every race fans hitlist....

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Dirtfan, Ilovedirttrackracing, oppweld, TNRustler
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > No return visit to Huset's for USAC