IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
wrtracing (Offline)
  #1 11/24/22 11:31 PM
Has anyone heard if there will be races at The Terre Haute action track this year? I sure hope so!

WRT

There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way.

Christopher Morley
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, chrismattlin, oppweld, tirespinner
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #2 11/25/22 11:35 AM
My feelings are that under current contract and conditions that last years team doesn't plan to go forward. I mean why would you reschedule your last race at a different track? Shame too, because the ARMCO was a huge improvement. HUGE.

Charles Nungester
PIT CART (Offline)
  #3 11/25/22 11:57 AM
I hate to ask but what is Armco? They also moved the race to a track that doesn’t let you bring in a bottle of water. From what I remember THAT was mad about coolers being brought in.🤔
nathans1012 (Offline)
  #4 11/25/22 11:59 AM
Originally Posted by PIT CART:
I hate to ask but what is Armco? They also moved the race to a track that doesn’t let you bring in a bottle of water. From what I remember THAT was mad about coolers being brought in.🤔
ARMCO. The new metal guardrails that where put up in the turns

2024 Season: Race 1 - April 20th Brownstown (Crate LM). Unlike many I don't discriminate on what racing I choose to watch.
3 Likes: PIT CART, racenut69, tirespinner
Dale (Offline)
  #5 11/25/22 11:59 AM
Originally Posted by PIT CART:
The Knoxville-like wall in the turns.
3 Likes: PIT CART, racenut69, tirespinner
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #6 11/25/22 5:52 PM
Not exactly ARMCO, but it is a loosely used term for guard railings.
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #7 11/26/22 12:28 AM
Armco was a steel company that was bought by AK Steel Japan. And now owned by Cleveland Cliffs. They are known mostly for coiled steel which is straightened and stamped into everything from guardrail to body panels for cars to refrigerators. I believe somewhere in the fifties and sixties that Nascar nicknamed metal guardrails ARMCO.

Charles Nungester
7 Likes: chrismattlin, Hustlin-Hoosier, jdull99, Ken Bonnema, PIT CART, sjracer26, The Old Coyote
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #8 11/28/22 9:41 AM
I have nothing to base this on, other than gut feeling. I think Terre Haute will be back. There is a multi year contract in place, and this promotional group has way too much invested to just walk away. Now if the fair people can just play nice, maybe they wouldn't go through so many promoters.
8 Likes: bighd0522, chrismattlin, cowboyhar69, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, oppweld, svfd830, tirespinner
JMA1181 (Offline)
  #9 11/28/22 9:51 AM
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk:
I have nothing to base this on, other than gut feeling. I think Terre Haute will be back. There is a multi year contract in place, and this promotional group has way too much invested to just walk away. Now if the fair people can just play nice, maybe they wouldn't go through so many promoters.
The previous promoter seemed to make it work. I personally would worry more about the loose cannon that’s involved as a promoter now than the fair board. They didn’t sign this contract blindly, none of them. If they did, that’s on them. It’s amazing what some people will do for a title.
3 Likes: 2fast4u, Dirtfan, tirespinner
Gene Franckowiak (Offline)
  #10 11/28/22 1:06 PM
Who is the "loose cannon" you speak of...have the sack to say it
7 Likes: captrat, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, Midget98, oppweld, The Old Coyote, tirespinner