IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > XTreme Outlaw Races Cancelled
10/6/22, 2:47 PM   #21
cshuman

No conspiracy here Charles..

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, racefan20, tirespinner
10/6/22, 3:29 PM   #22
Re: XTreme Outlaw Races Cancelled
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshuman View Post
No conspiracy here Charles..

Im not looking for a conspiracy. The track has cancelled at least four races including yours. I know Bacon had plans to run, I bet Hewitt and a few others would have shown as well as several of your guys.

It really does come down to the amount of fans they expect. I suppose. Unless a sponsor covered that Flo night for LM's Im guessing they didn't do great.

1 member likes this post: motorhead748
10/6/22, 3:43 PM   #23
chrismattlin

Of course, I'm speculating, Casey. For starters, I would imagine that the KO Motorsports cars would opt for MSCS at Haubstadt; same for BGE Dougherty. But, I'm confident you'd know more than I. Surely, you can put all this speculation to rest by telling us who was confirmed for Atomic. I'm sure you had Leary, Ballou, and Swanson, at the least.

Don't think I'm slamming Xtreme, either- it's nice that someone's filling a hole for sprint car drivers who don't race midget and vice versa. It seems that's the focus of these series' and it's a noble one while still being a decent business proposition. I just don't think there was a hole to fill this weekend. Heck, I'm 2 hours from Atomic, 3 1/4 hours from Haubstadt and my plan was always Haubstadt.

10/6/22, 3:56 PM   #24
cshuman

Cockrum, Bright, Swanson, Westfall, Clouser, Hernandez, Smith, Schudy, Simon, 17GP, Irwin, Nicholson, Russel, possibly Leary, Ballou, Bacon.. I expected to have 28-30 cars. Car count was not a concern in my opinion.

Charles, Atomic and WRG have worked well together for our late model, sprint shows, and the planning for xtreme. I expect that to continue into 2023.

10/6/22, 4:48 PM   #25
kb78

I love Atomic and was planning on going but I must confess that I had wondered what they would get for car count, they had 20 cars there in April for the USAC show and there isn't much of a local contingent to boost the number. The couple of guys that took the wings off in the spring would likely keep it on with the 410's running Saturday as well. At any rate, I would have been there freezing my tail off enjoying the race had it of ran, being from Ohio I try to support any traditional stuff that I can. It seems like it gained a foothold when Waynesfield was going weekly but since then it has tailed off.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, tirespinner
10/6/22, 4:58 PM   #26
chrismattlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshuman View Post
Cockrum, Bright, Swanson, Westfall, Clouser, Hernandez, Smith, Schudy, Simon, 17GP, Irwin, Nicholson, Russel, possibly Leary, Ballou, Bacon.. I expected to have 28-30 cars. Car count was not a concern in my opinion.

Charles, Atomic and WRG have worked well together for our late model, sprint shows, and the planning for xtreme. I expect that to continue into 2023.
Pretty cool to see the loyalty you've earned from those midwest guys for them to drive by Haubstadt to get to Atomic. Good on you, Casey.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
10/6/22, 6:16 PM   #27
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismattlin View Post
Pretty cool to see the loyalty you've earned from those midwest guys for them to drive by Haubstadt to get to Atomic. Good on you, Casey.
But Chris they were going to get 2 races at Atomic vs 1 at Haubstadt.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

2 members like this post: chrismattlin, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > XTreme Outlaw Races Cancelled