IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Haubstadt
9/18/22, 12:34 AM   #11
Re: Haubstadt
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Congrats to Jadon. That's all I got to say about that.

Went to burg, seen all four classes (Full fields) Ten minute interviews for champs and winners after each feature. Didn't stay for SS feature ten thirty.. Hour drive home, took dog out, Helped a lady delivering food find her condo to deliver too. Sat down, booted up and TS was just starting it's feature.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 9/18/22 at 1:05 AM.

1 member likes this post: Ilovedirttrackracing
9/18/22, 1:43 AM   #12
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

We were at TSS and that was easily the best race of the year. Literally did not know who was going to win until the checkered flag dropped. Outstanding. Seeing a first time USAC winner is always fun and they don’t come any nicer than Jadon and his family. Class acts. The track has been different this year and we’re sure Tommy is ready to tear it up over the off season. Still, rarely do we miss a race at TSS. We know there will be a track rework….happens every race….but we usually see one hell of a show. Tonight was no different. 🏁. Now get out and enjoy some damn races because soon it’ll be cold and wintery - 👎🏻

9/18/22, 2:09 AM   #13
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

I must have missed the track rework race fans are reworked up about. As an added bonus tonight I got to see 3 John Deere/push truck heats and they ran the John Deere/push truck feature before the sprint car feature. No driver intros or winners interview so that kinda helped move the show along. More than likely Ill be back. (Not like Schwarzenegger though)

9/18/22, 2:28 AM   #14
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 12
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman92 View Post
We were at TSS and that was easily the best race of the year. Literally did not know who was going to win until the checkered flag dropped. Outstanding. Seeing a first time USAC winner is always fun and they don’t come any nicer than Jadon and his family. Class acts. The track has been different this year and we’re sure Tommy is ready to tear it up over the off season. Still, rarely do we miss a race at TSS. We know there will be a track rework….happens every race….but we usually see one hell of a show. Tonight was no different. 🏁. Now get out and enjoy some damn races because soon it’ll be cold and wintery - 👎🏻
Well said Mayor. What a blast and race! Awesome job by Jadon. He was calm and fast. Didn’t faze him on late restart when Kyle pulled up along him during yellow to let him know who was right behind him.
Wish the whole state was on Central time ( IMO, but I’m sure there’s plenty that wish the opposite). Feel for those losing a hour heading home, but it sucks for us to leave extra hour early to get to Terre Haute, LPS, or Bloomington. Not that big of deal for me now that I’m retired, but those I go to the races aren’t, so it’s difficult on Friday’s or the occasional Wednesday Terre Haute show and ISW.
When you come to TSS you know what your in for. Great racing because of track prep. Not sure why they ran the 2 Mini Sprint B’s followed by their feature. The Helfrich’s do everything for a reason, so I trust their judgment over keyboard reporters.

9/18/22, 8:08 AM   #15
cl124

While I agree with you that when you go to haubstadt you know what you’ll get. It’s never been like this. I took my dad 3 times this year. First time he’s been in years. Left the last race saying man they used to brag about how they’d always have you out of here by 10 if at all possible, what happened to that? He chose not to come last night do to the previous race going so long/slow. I also find it ironic that at the oulaws
they were bragging about how they can turn the whole track over in 12 min but they needed 3 tractor shows of 30 min after the heat races last night…I’ve been a season ticket holder for 10+ years straight and probably only missed 10 races at most in that time frame. The last few races there have had me debating that choice next year with a kid to keep up with.

1 member likes this post: ronmil
9/18/22, 8:36 AM   #16
Jerry Shaw

Of course, you have the right to complain if things didn't go exactly the way you wanted them to or if the folks that risk their financial asses or their reputations, didn't do things precisely the way you would if you were running the show. But, I suggest if you want to make your point seem like it has any validity, you should pick a night that things didn't work well for said track operator and the racing didn't live up to how you think it would, if you were calling the shots.

People go to Tri-State Speedway, not so they can quickly catch a race and still have time to go home and walk Rover, but they go because they know there's a fair chance they might leave the place having seen the best race they've seen in a while. Perhaps, the best race they've seen all year. Last night was one of those nights. I didn't hear a single person that was there complaining about track prep after that great feature was finished. Instead, everyone was just standing there, looking at their fellow race fans, with that "Wow!" look on their faces, knowing they had just all shared a great racing experience.

And that final track prep, at that time, ended up making Tom look like a f-ing genius. Yet again. One who had just set the stage for another memorable Haubstadt sprint car feature.

But, that's just my opinion.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 9/18/22 at 9:11 AM.

9/18/22, 9:31 AM   #17
reeserx

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
That was a good All Star feature.....except I was rooting for Macri
Both marks and macri are having a career year. Looked like macri’s brakes were going out or something, lots of sparks.

2 members like this post: PIT CART, racefan20
9/18/22, 3:25 PM   #18
chrismattlin

I expected that the show would go until midnight eastern time, so I wasn't disappointed at all. I was highly entertained and I watched the minisprints and did not switch over to the ASCoC. Congratulations to Jadon and his family!

4 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, luckybuc97, racenut69, wildman92
9/18/22, 4:09 PM   #19
Rpracing1

Best IOW Act of Kindness post of the day from above…….”I helped the Door Dash lady find the correct condo to deliver food”

Best Race of Year “Haubstadt Hustler”

Well deserved first USAC victory Jadon Rogers, aka, The Haubstadt Hustler”. You did it against the best of the best. This officially puts you in The Club! Crazy sliders thrown all night. All drivers were on full tilt all night long. Track Lightning fast in tip top condition as usual. Of course, always a few sore saps crying the blues about track prep. Get over yourselves. I find it humorous to read their jealous comments. Love to hear the car owners rave on how they incur very little tire wear here. Just another added bonus at The Class Track!

Good food, drink, great friends, fantastic 40 lap feature, Classic huge racing event pulled off smooth as silk. Can’t wait until the next one. As the new Mayor of Snootyville would say, Unbelievable! You can’t make this stuff up.

5 Stars , Jadon, and the Engler Machine and Tool team. Your 2022 Haubstadt Hustler!

9/18/22, 4:19 PM   #20
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
Best IOW Act of Kindness post of the day from above…….”I helped the Door Dash lady find the correct condo to deliver food”

Best Race of Year “Haubstadt Hustler”

Well deserved first USAC victory Jadon Rogers, aka, The Haubstadt Hustler”. You did it against the best of the best. This officially puts you in The Club! Crazy sliders thrown all night. All drivers were on full tilt all night long. Track Lightning fast in tip top condition as usual. Of course, always a few sore saps crying the blues about track prep. Get over yourselves. I find it humorous to read their jealous comments. Love to hear the car owners rave on how they incur very little tire wear here. Just another added bonus at The Class Track!

Good food, drink, great friends, fantastic 40 lap feature, Classic huge racing event pulled off smooth as silk. Can’t wait until the next one. As the new Mayor of Snootyville would say, Unbelievable! You can’t make this stuff up.

5 Stars , Jadon, and the Engler Machine and Tool team. Your 2022 Haubstadt Hustler!
Lots of laughs with Friends,good food,Jadons first USAC win,congrats to the entire Roger's Family & Crew.🏁🏁

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Haubstadt