IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kyle Larson & Brad Sweet NEW HighLimits Sprint Car Series $$
7/15/22, 9:12 AM   #41
Re: Kyle Larson & Brad Sweet NEW HighLimits Sprint Car Serie
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by opnwhlmnd View Post
I would think I-70 when NASCAR is at Kansas Speedway is a good fit. Kevin Gundaker of Tri-City Speedway in Granite City, IL is right down the street from Gateway and had USAC Midgets this year during NASCAR week. I can see him booking a show. Since Larson and Sweet already promote Silver Dollar Speedway you know there will be a race the week NASCAR is at Sonoma.

I found it interesting that Tony Stewart let them have their press conference at Eldora with the Eldora banner in the background. Tells me that the All-Stars will support some of the shows.

Chase Elliott with a wing?

I got no proof but I've already said Stewart was the string puller. I mean Nascar pulls out of Eldora, whats he do, SRX etc. Also the fact that he somehow has a major connection with Flo and some other sponsors, So much so he held big races with no fans.

7/15/22, 10:43 AM   #42
Rhody

Race Count This Year: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowbackRacingTeam View Post
Really?? Larson was a no-name until he ran USAC midgets. Yeah he started in Outlaw Karts in cali but that wasn’t what launched him to NSACAR.
The only reason you didn't know who Kyle was before his USAC career is that you had your nose so high in the air you were blind to the racing landscape nationwide. Kyle was a King of California GSC champion before he showed up in Indiana. He was already on the radar of anybody paying attention. CBell, Rico, Tanner Thorson and Buddy Kofoid all learned their trade in winged cars. They just went to Indiana to show you all how it's done. (The snark in this post is directed solely at the non wing snobs. If you get that both disciplines take talent and put on good racing, don't be offended)

7/15/22, 5:20 PM   #43
Hubie48

I prefer drag racing over winged Sprint cars

7/15/22, 7:55 PM   #44
ginblueearth

So nice of Larson and Sweet to have this race in Indiana after the Knoxville Nationals . And before the Jackson Nationals now teams have to travel all the way to Indiana for this and all the back to Minnesota . Sure would have been a lot smarter to have the race at a track closer to Jackson or even at Jackson on 8/16 . It would have pull in more cars been less travel and been great for fans . Plus it would have shown that High Limit would cooperate with the Woo and the outlaw could have let their cars run with High Limit . But instead it looks to me like they will fight for cars and the fans will lose Glen Murra
Last edited by ginblueearth; 7/15/22 at 7:59 PM.

7/15/22, 9:11 PM   #45
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginblueearth View Post
So nice of Larson and Sweet to have this race in Indiana after the Knoxville Nationals . And before the Jackson Nationals now teams have to travel all the way to Indiana for this and all the back to Minnesota . Sure would have been a lot smarter to have the race at a track closer to Jackson or even at Jackson on 8/16 . It would have pull in more cars been less travel and been great for fans . Plus it would have shown that High Limit would cooperate with the Woo and the outlaw could have let their cars run with High Limit . But instead it looks to me like they will fight for cars and the fans will lose Glen Murra
1. No one is holding a gun to their head and telling them that have to enter this race.
2. Besides Larson has stated Lincoln Park Speedway is one of his favorite tracks and he is the first entry into the race.
3. From what I have understood this series isn't about attracting WOO or ASCoC cars; it's about putting money back into sprint car racing.
4. With a few smart people helping Larson & Sweet this will be a success.
5. You will likely have 25-30+ cars each race.
6. I'm willing to bet drivers & teams will evaluate the idea once the inaugural 2023 Schedule is released and each race will have a good mix of cars from all areas just like the "Flo Racing Late Model Night in America does".
Last edited by nathans1012; 7/16/22 at 12:24 PM.

5 members like this post: cowboyhar69, flagboy55, K9Racer, Milly, racenut69
7/16/22, 7:03 PM   #46
dsc1600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Im talking this year. The Million weekend LM's were not sellouts, Dream and Million Nights more than the qualifiers but there were whole areas of empty seats. Economy is my guess. Do I hope it's a sellout yes, I doubt it will be.. I attended all the KRs and HBO's from 89-01 It was packed then, maybe way out in four or two were there some empty seats.

Im not the only one no longer going to these shows. I know half a dozen who no longer go out to Knoxville because it became more about the $$ than the Event prestige. Can't wait till the green flag is sponsored by Simple Green and the Black flag is sponsored by Rhino shield.
Update: the Kings Royal crowd was huge

3 members like this post: Kart#51, opnwhlmnd, WingedFan2019
7/16/22, 8:04 PM   #47
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathans1012 View Post
1. No one is holding a gun to their head and telling them that have to enter this race.
2. Besides Larson has stated Lincoln Park Speedway is one of his favorite tracks and he is the first entry into the race.
3. From what I have understood this series isn't about attracting WOO or ASCoC cars; it's about putting money back into sprint car racing.
4. With a few smart people helping Larson & Sweet this will be a success.
5. You will likely have 25-30+ cars each race.
6. I'm willing to bet drivers & teams will evaluate the idea once the inaugural 2023 Schedule is released and each race will have a good mix of cars from all areas just like the "Flo Racing Late Model Night in America does".

Agree with most of this. What sticks in my craw is that they come into the heart of non-wing racing which is in desperate need of larger purses and pretty much blow them off. So much for wanting to advance ALL sprint car racing.

1 member likes this post: ginblueearth
7/16/22, 9:38 PM   #48
WingedFan2019

Race Count This Year: 9
Race Count Last Year: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc1600 View Post
Been to the kings royal 18 years in a row and I’ve never had to park so far away, down a side street and a 3/4 mile walk, USAC could only wish they’d get 10% of this crowd for any event. Massive

3 members like this post: Grocery Guy, Hustlin-Hoosier, PIT CART
7/16/22, 9:56 PM   #49
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedFan2019 View Post
Been to the kings royal 18 years in a row and I’ve never had to park so far away, down a side street and a 3/4 mile walk, USAC could only wish they’d get 10% of this crowd for any event. Massive
Glad you had a good time.

2 members like this post: chrismattlin, Hustlin-Hoosier
7/17/22, 11:21 AM   #50
Kart#51

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc1600 View Post
The crowd increased about 10-15% from the morning race on Saturday to the night race. Every marked seat was sold, which depending on who you listen to can be 17 to 20K. The grass was full as well.

1 member likes this post: Hustlin-Hoosier
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kyle Larson & Brad Sweet NEW HighLimits Sprint Car Series $$