IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > NWO 40 now on SUNDAY
3/21/22, 8:25 AM   #41
Re: NWO 40 now on SUNDAY
DaleDuBois

If you are comparing it to NASCAR it was good.

1 member likes this post: TQ29m
3/21/22, 9:16 AM   #42
TQ29m

I agree 👍, nicecar has a problem, and bragging about it, set all kinds of records yesterday, yellows, mistakes, I don't think they will make it through this season with the slippery noodle handling of this new car, the new track pulled out some more issues, and I don't understand the fans they are getting, I've about had it, may have to go on the road again.

3/21/22, 12:54 PM   #43
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

Unbelievable…. Well, actually quite believable. First race of the season on a track we didn’t even know if they’d be racing year…and it was dusty and boring. Hmmmm.

It was a beautiful sunny day. The stands were absolutely packed. We got to see many friends we haven’t seen since last October…and unfortunately a few less whom we lost over the last 6 months. There’s perspective for you.

Yes it was dusty. Wasn’t a whole lot of passing. But it was great to see our friends, hear the roar of the engines and the smell of methanol again. Sprint feature over around 9 on a Sunday? We’ll take it.

3/21/22, 2:13 PM   #44
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Well as one who couldn't attend and couldn't do the PPV I am glad they had a good turnout, They put up some real $$$ to hold this race and I am sure even they wish they could have got the track better.

Id of just loved to be there. between running to the Hospital and rehabbing facility for a sick parent for the last month and moving forward and high prices. I'll be lucky to see half a dozen races this year and that is get there at start and leave after feature type of visits. I usually spend most of the day visiting, chatting, watching racing. For the near future. That will not be the case.

So all of you that actually did get to go on a nice day and see people and racecars. You should be saying "LET THEM EAT CAKE" Wish I could of............. SMH.

3/21/22, 2:38 PM   #45
BrentTFunk

I wanted to go, but unfortunately it is farther than I can get right now. With the rain they received, and running a lot of the program under bright sun, one would expect the track to be hard and dusty. Probably the only way to get it in. I doubt they could have found a good reschedule date. Wish I could have been there.

4 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, Dirtfan, racenut69, wildman92
3/21/22, 3:18 PM   #46
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

We were looking for you yesterday Brent!

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

1 member likes this post: racenut69
3/21/22, 4:27 PM   #47
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
We were looking for you yesterday Brent!
Thanks. Playing it day by day. With IRP cancelled, next goal is Lawrenceburg for USAC. If not I know I can make Kokomo the next weekend. Its getting better, but not as fast I would like.

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Dirtfan, wildman92
3/21/22, 5:02 PM   #48
racenut69

Well said,Jen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman92 View Post
Unbelievable…. Well, actually quite believable. First race of the season on a track we didn’t even know if they’d be racing year…and it was dusty and boring. Hmmmm.

It was a beautiful sunny day. The stands were absolutely packed. We got to see many friends we haven’t seen since last October…and unfortunately a few less whom we lost over the last 6 months. There’s perspective for you.

Yes it was dusty. Wasn’t a whole lot of passing. But it was great to see our friends, hear the roar of the engines and the smell of methanol again. Sprint feature over around 9 on a Sunday? We’ll take it.

3 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, Dirtfan, wildman92
3/23/22, 6:57 PM   #49
dirtbag

Run down
Attached Images
519C1958-2E36-409A-ACB8-1726BB327E76.jpeg (330.8 KB, 51 views)

2 members like this post: Dirtfan, luckybuc97
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > NWO 40 now on SUNDAY