IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chase Briscoe gets his first career cup win.
3/14/22, 8:18 PM   #11
Blackduce

Just finished watching on TV. On NASCAR Beyond the Wheel.
They ask if we knew how many race car drivers come from Evansville area. And one of the announcers said he did. And named many. Then dwelled on the Brisco family and their values racing from 3 generations. Who all are blessed with PRIDE.

Lynn

3/14/22, 9:00 PM   #12
Re: Chase Briscoe gets his first career cup win.
Vertigo

Congratulations. Great to have an IOW alumnus in victory lane on a national stage.

I remember his early races at Paragon. Got some of it on tape.

3/15/22, 12:53 AM   #13
Chase Briscoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdull99 View Post
Chase; do you remember that about the Tulsa deal? Or did I have too many brain injuries...it coulda been another Chase...?
Sounds about right. I remember messaging every owner I could find and telling them they could keep all the winnings and I could probably bring a couple Hoosier tires.

3/15/22, 2:06 AM   #14
jdull99

I've been a fan ever since; thru the ARCA career/championship, truck races/wins, amazing Xfinity years, and now Cup! I'm humbled to have gotten the chance to interact.

Great to see the NASCAR success, espcly now in the #14 Cup car; but I think we'd all go wild if maybe AJ had a good answer someday about a path to get you in the original #14 at the big track for the big race in May!!!???
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, EBookerFan
3/15/22, 8:09 AM   #15
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdull99 View Post
I've been a fan ever since; thru the ARCA career/championship, truck races/wins, amazing Xfinity years, and now Cup! I'm humbled to have gotten the chance to interact.

Great to see the NASCAR success, espcly now in the #14 Cup car; but I think we'd all go wild if maybe AJ had a good answer someday about a path to get you in the original #14 at the big track for the big race in May!!!???
If only AJ Hired short trackers. Not a knock, it's his Operation to run

3/15/22, 9:49 AM   #16
chrismattlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
If only AJ Hired short trackers. Not a knock, it's his Operation to run
John Andretti doesn't count? Or was that too long ago?

I did always love seeing the Snider-Foyt #111 at the Champ races for many, many years.

5 members like this post: Charles Nungester, EBookerFan, jdull99, luckybuc97, TQ29m
3/15/22, 12:51 PM   #17
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismattlin View Post
John Andretti doesn't count? Or was that too long ago?

I did always love seeing the Snider-Foyt #111 at the Champ races for many, many years.
Im not saying he hasn't and yes, I loved the #11 Ziggy champ car as well. Im just saying the chance isn't being given. Although I don't see many sprint car guys in the NASCAR pipe right now, it has been the hot ticket for the last thirty years.

Both Gordon and Larson had almost 30% win percentage in their peeks in Nascar and Smoke has his three championships. Newman is considered the toughest to pass in Nascar and Stenhouse is still Stenhouse, Win it or wear it.

I suppose INDY is a different direction. But Im of the last Generation where they raced at THAT or Indy Fairgrounds on Weds and Indy on sunday and there were a dozen sprint midget guys that you identified with.

Foyt has nothing to prove. Just wish his and other teams would put our guys in the pipeline. I think someone like Kody Swanson could win in anything on pavement.

4/18/22, 8:33 AM   #18
Charles Nungester

I thought the Bristol night dirt race was excellent and hey even got running again after rain delays pretty quick.

Was enjoyable to see Briscoe just go for it.
Own up to it and enjoying it.

Walk to the guy he spun, "Well im going to go apologize, I was driving hard and knew when I did it we were spinning" "If he hits me, He hits me"

3 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, Ken Bonnema, racenut69
4/18/22, 8:52 AM   #19
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
I thought the Bristol night dirt race was excellent and hey even got running again after rain delays pretty quick.

Was enjoyable to see Briscoe just go for it.
Own up to it and enjoying it.

Walk to the guy he spun, "Well im going to go apologize, I was driving hard and knew when I did it we were spinning" "If he hits me, He hits me"

Briscoe & Reddick strike me as two decent human beings who would apologize regardless of the outcome.

4/18/22, 9:23 AM   #20
Charles Nungester

Think he was leading at the first rain delay or second stage caution and they asked if he wanted to rain harder so they'd call it. "If we win, we win, if we don't we don't. It's Easter and there are more important things in life"

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Hustlin-Hoosier, PJ Wright, TNRustler
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chase Briscoe gets his first career cup win.