IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Off Topic. - R.I.P. CJ Rayburn
1/2/22, 3:28 PM   #11
badcoupe

I remember him coming to the burg, I believe at funfest, with a car with some very wild aero, big side board on the left must’ve been 8ft high was going to try set some speed record that night. I know old timey late model guys that said he ruined late models by making them exspensive but it was only because they couldn’t compete against his stuff.

1/2/22, 4:29 PM   #12
Re: Off Topic. - R.I.P. CJ Rayburn
wallbanger II

C.J. was very very inventive, was a lot of help with our fiberglass body business.
and GREAT help in my personal racing.
REST EASY C.J.

wallbangerii = john mugavin

1/2/22, 7:23 PM   #13
kinser

Quote:
Originally Posted by badcoupe View Post
I remember him coming to the burg, I believe at funfest, with a car with some very wild aero, big side board on the left must’ve been 8ft high was going to try set some speed record that night. I know old timey late model guys that said he ruined late models by making them exspensive but it was only because they couldn’t compete against his stuff.
CJ put pavement tires on that car and took it to Anderson and set a speed record with it.

1/2/22, 7:28 PM   #14
badcoupe

I remember him saying that night if he could flatfoot it around the track he should have no issue breaking the record but never heard anymore about it. That night was one of the few or only time I talked to him, he had lots of ideas and seemed all he did was very calculated.

1/3/22, 4:00 PM   #15
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Obituary and funeral arrangements for CJ Raburn.

https://www.bituary/carl-cj-rayburn?...FPncMNJ_3T3Tfc
Last edited by nathans1012; 1/3/22 at 4:01 PM.

1/3/22, 4:14 PM   #16
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

One of a kind. There will never be another CJ Rayburn.
Last edited by nathans1012; 1/3/22 at 4:17 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Off Topic. - R.I.P. CJ Rayburn