IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
nathans1012 (Online)
  #1 2/17/21 7:06 PM
World Of Outlaws Sprint Car Series cancel all 11 spring races on west coast swing.

-March 4 at The Dirt Track at Las Vegas
-March 12-13 at Arizona Speedway
-March 20 at Perris Auto Speedway
-March 21 at Santa Maria Raceway
-March 26-27 at Thunderbowl Raceway
-April 2 at Merced Speedway
-April 3 at Ocean Speedway
-April 9-10 at Vado Speedway Park

FULL Article below from world Of Outlaws website.

https://worldofoutlaws.com/sprintcar...vmipOjOuRTUyyA

2024 Season: Race 1 - April 20th Brownstown (Crate LM). Unlike many I don't discriminate on what racing I choose to watch.
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #2 2/17/21 9:44 PM
Interesting play of the cards by WoO. I can understand with California being a COVID hotbed and canceling the six nights there, but I wonder if because of that they just threw in the towel with respect to Vegas, San Tan, and Vado and decided to not go west just for those three venues. Just get ahead of this bus and reschedule elsewhere (i.e. Louisiana, Mississippi, and no doubt more). Unfortunate it is, no matter which side of the fence you are standing on.

Thanks for the reporting, Nathan.

Chiming in live from the West Coast of Michigan.... Mike
KMS2683 (Offline)
  #3 2/17/21 9:56 PM
The only state/track open is Arizona Speedway. Nevada and New Mexico are still shutdown like Cali. Vado has yet to be approved for races in 2021. Would not make sense for the series to travel west for a two day show in Arizona.

The wild wing shootout a couple weeks ago barely got a full field of wing cars. If WOO ran, likely would not get a full field.

If Nevada and NM had been open then they might of kept the western swing.
Jonr (Offline)
  #4 2/17/21 10:37 PM
Originally Posted by KMS2683:
.... Nevada and New Mexico are still shutdown like Cali. Vado has yet to be approved for races in 2021.....
New Mexico Governor has been very tough on restrictions. They have two major D1 schools in the State. UNM and NMSU. Both of them have yet to have a home basketball game. Their "home" games have been in borrowed venues throughout the west.

Everyone's a Lobo! Woof! Woof! Woof!
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #5 2/18/21 2:06 PM
Originally Posted by KMS2683:
If Nevada and NM had been open then they might of kept the western swing.
Thanks for that info. It makes what WoO did even more sense now.

Chiming in live from the West Coast of Michigan.... Mike
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #6 2/18/21 2:20 PM
Just a heads up. My dad lives in Yuma and they have been racing there, at Cocopah. Also have a couple buddies that recently returned from the Phoenix area and they informed me that Canyon is racing also. So I would presume there are plenty of tracks to choose from if the track itself was interested. By the way we attended the first Winter Heat Race at Cocopah a few years ago. A great facility