IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
nowingsjeff (Offline)
  #1 12/22/20 2:09 PM
I was surprised Belle-Clair was not on the midget schedule. What's up with that?

Midgets - http://www.powri.com/news/?i=89063&clk=featureNews

WAR Sprints - http://www.powri.com/news/?i=89065&f...OAVewbbEG5nWak
7 Likes: dirtball, Dougherty20, GlobalSpeedway Tours, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, tirespinner, TNRustler
jim goerge (Offline)
  #2 12/22/20 4:51 PM
I"m shocked no Little Belleville. Its been years ago was turned on to this track, and if midgets were running there, I was there. I even missed Haubstadt a couple of times to see midgets run that bull ring. Wonder whats the deal?
3 Likes: i love dirt track racing, oppweld, tirespinner
miledirt (Offline)
  #3 12/22/20 6:57 PM
Not looking good for lil Belleville
3 Likes: jim goerge, racenut69, tirespinner
Chris Baue (Offline)
  #4 12/22/20 8:07 PM
I asked the same question today to someone who’s been closely associated with belle-Claire for decades. His response-
the track needs tons of upgrading. fair board wont do it. promoter wont either. so it sits. degrading farther.
4 Likes: jim goerge, racenut69, tirespinner, WinglessLovers
jim goerge (Offline)
  #5 12/23/20 12:33 AM
Just talked with a buddy who lives close to Little Belleville and he say basically same thing Chris said that since there was no racing there that there was no track care. Buddy said track is all rutted from rain and needs a lot of TLC. Sure hope it don"t close cuz it be such a shame!!
4 Likes: i love dirt track racing, Indy1808, tirespinner, WinglessLovers
SoIllSprinter (Offline)
  #6 12/23/20 12:55 AM
That would be the loss of a midget racing institution. What a shame if true.
6 Likes: Indy1808, jim goerge, Ken Bonnema, racenut69, tirespinner, WinglessLovers
racenut69 (Offline)
  #7 12/23/20 4:39 AM
Very SAD situation!
Originally Posted by Chris Baue:
I asked the same question today to someone who’s been closely associated with belle-Claire for decades. His response-
the track needs tons of upgrading. fair board wont do it. promoter wont either. so it sits. degrading farther.

There is always room for one more in the corner! I'm disguised as a responsible adult!...
Michael Carter....
3 Likes: jim goerge, tirespinner, WinglessLovers
55fan (Offline)
  #8 12/25/20 3:29 PM
No little Belleville no powri for me.
3 Likes: jim goerge, luckybuc97, tirespinner
jimburch (Offline)
  #9 12/25/20 4:08 PM
Are the 600 micro's running the same schedule as the midgets?? Thanks
revjimk (Offline)
  #10 12/25/20 5:04 PM
Originally Posted by jim goerge:
I"m shocked no Little Belleville. Its been years ago was turned on to this track, and if midgets were running there, I was there. I even missed Haubstadt a couple of times to see midgets run that bull ring. Wonder whats the deal?
Yep, saw my first ever POWRi Midget race there & it was great.... thanks to BrentTFunk for telling me about it. 600s were fun too. Neat old time covered grandstands....
Bummer....
4 Likes: i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, Ken Bonnema, tirespinner