IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Wanted - Pics of Vogler's '87 Chili Bowl Car
12/16/20, 7:40 PM   #11
TQ29m

Benny Nay, now there's a name that doesn't hit my screen very often, there's a guy who loved racing, as nice a guy you'd ever meet, full of energy to do anything, brought me an engine one time, too late, he had taken it to someone else to check out, when it came to me, it was checked out okay, they had ran it till it blew, felt sorry for Benny, he was living down around Cave City, KY I think, called me one day, said he was gonna leave, going to Florida, try again, haven't heard from him since, but he did leave me a stack of his magazines, if I can find them, I'll see what they have in them, I've looked through them and still have them, but I will look. God bless you Benny, you are one of a kind. Bob

2 members like this post: Ken Bonnema, tirespinner
12/16/20, 11:24 PM   #12
Re: Wanted - Pics of Vogler's '87 Chili Bowl Car
Ken Bonnema

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ29m View Post
Benny Nay, now there's a name that doesn't hit my screen very often, there's a guy who loved racing, as nice a guy you'd ever meet, full of energy to do anything, brought me an engine one time, too late, he had taken it to someone else to check out, when it came to me, it was checked out okay, they had ran it till it blew, felt sorry for Benny, he was living down around Cave City, KY I think, called me one day, said he was gonna leave, going to Florida, try again, haven't heard from him since, but he did leave me a stack of his magazines, if I can find them, I'll see what they have in them, I've looked through them and still have them, but I will look. God bless you Benny, you are one of a kind. Bob
So I googled Benny Nay Facebook Midgets and came up with a guy by that name who is in to R/C racing and has a beautiful Silver crown R/C car. Age looks right I think it's likely him. Might be a way of contacting him

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
12/17/20, 9:46 PM   #13
TQ29m

Another lead, his mother recently passed away in Ocala, Florida.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Wanted - Pics of Vogler's '87 Chili Bowl Car