Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > kokomo updates
7/13/08, 11:51 PM   #61
Re: kokomo updates
JstAbvVMC

My BAD math. Indiana is UTC -4 hours.....DUH

7/13/08, 11:52 PM   #62
pletchfan

YEY DAVE DARLAND,:thumb CONGRATS AND I AM GLAD SUSAN WAS THERE TO SEE IT!!!:checkered::kookoo I just knew before this sprintweek was over he would sneak in there somewhere. Sorry about Stanbrough, he has had a really tuff time of it. Hope and pray that Brad Sweet is ok. His girlfriend said they might take him to the hospital?? A BIG THANKS TO EVERYBODY WHO WAS INVOLVED IN DOING ALL THE UPDATES!!!! :respect::respect:

7/13/08, 11:54 PM   #63
IndyBound

Congrats DD!!!! Susan, I hope you enjoyed the first part of your birthday present.

Patti

7/14/08, 12:07 AM   #64
LRP36

Way to go DD! Congrats on your win tonight! Hopefully this can propel you to yet another Indiana Sprint Week Championship!

7/14/08, 12:12 AM   #65
steve_g

Thanks for the feedback on Indiana Time - Didnt want to miss the updates, as it mid afternoon here in NZ. Go Jerry Coons Jnr !!

7/14/08, 12:51 AM   #66
Speedracer

All I can say is WOW! Dave did a hell of a job tonight. Probably the most popular win in the tracks history. Track from my vantage point was the raciest it has ever been. Hell of a night!

7/14/08, 1:05 AM   #67
Andrew S. Quinn

I knew I was at Kokomo,cause it was a very late night, and on a work night too. Sunday night racing you have to get bums on seats,then out at a reasonable hour.

The racing is 2nd to none,but I didnt stick around after the red on the 29th lap,cause I would have been in the parking lot till 2am,and I gotta go to work in a few hours.

7/14/08, 1:22 AM   #68
backitin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew S. Quinn View Post
I knew I was at Kokomo,cause it was a very late night, and on a work night too. Sunday night racing you have to get bums on seats,then out at a reasonable hour.

The racing is 2nd to none,but I didnt stick around after the red on the 29th lap,cause I would have been in the parking lot till 2am,and I gotta go to work in a few hours.
Huh? You're kidding, right? Let's make sure we're talking about the same Kokomo: The place where the sprint feature is over by 9:30 just about every week, right? I can't believe anyone would make this statement.
Tonight wasn't an early night, but I've sure been at many races that went later and dragged on more. And the "Kokomo" portion of the show was very fast: Features only for the two classes of stock cars, one of which went green-to-checkered.
If you're looking for someone to blame, how about USAC and their open red? Or USAC and their extremely slow Toyota push trucks?
Oh, and I personally wasn't in the lot until 2 a.m. If you are patient, wait 10 minutes before going to your car, and then exit out of the north exit, there are no troubles.

7/14/08, 1:28 AM   #69
racefan20

After the flip by Stanbrough Ballou was 1st on the restart but his RR was packed with mud and bouncing like a basketball. I am happy for DD, the stars really aligned for him at the end of the race. Maybe this takes a little of the sting out of the finish of last years Bob Darland memorial.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

7/14/08, 4:41 AM   #70
Sprint63122

The track was in great shape tonight and to bad to see that Stanbrough or Ballou did not win the feature because them two cars where putting on a great show rim ridding like it should be done and well ahead of the pack.Has for being a late night it is okay with me it is sprintweek it only happens once a year so enjoy, has you can see by the time on this post what time I made it back home here in IL. and waiting patiently for thursday and saturday of next week to get here asap.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > kokomo updates