IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thoughts on Kokomo tonight
8/23/18, 12:53 PM   #11
Re: Thoughts on Kokomo tonight
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

B Main was very good! Feature seemed to stretch out and was over in a hurry. But that's racing. It was a pretty good free one.

2 members like this post: Simon_says17, tirespinner
8/23/18, 1:51 PM   #12
captrat

OP trolling. Should head on over to Hoseheads.

8/23/18, 5:38 PM   #13
hoosier race fan

Not saying the original poster is right or wrong, but Kokomo is different from what it was like from the reconfiguration until this year. T-Mez even said he misses the old Kokomo on Twitter. When was the last time the cushion got pushed up next to the wall and was the fastest way around? I am not saying the racing is bad now, but it was better before the change this year. I don’t know why anyone would mess with a good thing. The tires in the corners have been pushed so far in and the track is heavy enough that the shortest way around stays fast all night.

8/23/18, 6:24 PM   #14
Sprint63122

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosier race fan View Post
Not saying the original poster is right or wrong, but Kokomo is different from what it was like from the reconfiguration until this year. T-Mez even said he misses the old Kokomo on Twitter. When was the last time the cushion got pushed up next to the wall and was the fastest way around? I am not saying the racing is bad now, but it was better before the change this year. I don’t know why anyone would mess with a good thing. The tires in the corners have been pushed so far in and the track is heavy enough that the shortest way around stays fast all night.
Absolutely spot on answer here they keep pushing the tires in any further they might as well go by the light poles then they can all race on the inside
on a completely flat track they have cut so much dirt out the banking does not start till over half way up in the corner. Look at sprint week what I bad night at the track that was nothing worth driving over 6.5 hours to see anymore. Hopefully they will put it back like it was when they first redid the track because the new stands on the backstretch and the lighting is done right.

1 member likes this post: robert gatten
8/23/18, 6:37 PM   #15
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I don't think they changed a darn thing, I just think it's been wetter. it rained most of last week and they got several inches sunday and monday as well. It was like that at the Kokomo grand prix until they reworked the track after the heats. Then it went to the wall in 3/4. Speaking of the tires, I remember a sprint week, probably Levi's last year where they had a open red and levi's crew was down kicking the tires in, He won. Seen it again this year at Rt44 can't remember which car but he'd come off four just low enough to hit that tire enough to move it a few inches.

Oh well, good and safe Smackdown to all.

4 members like this post: flagboy55, jim goerge, Kydehart, rapid robert
8/23/18, 6:44 PM   #16
NOSTINKINWINGS

Go watch a free Outlaw show

8/23/18, 8:07 PM   #17
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
8/24/18, 12:14 AM   #18
TQ97

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosier race fan View Post
You got your monster cushion as the fast way around tonight.....

7 members like this post: BrentTFunk, fish, Jbaldwin, jim goerge, PIT CART, TBONE, tirespinner
8/24/18, 3:35 AM   #19
Adolph

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 27,27,40,28,69

Sunshine has won about 30% of the USAC sprint car races this year. 5 drivers have won 81% of the races. 6 drivers have won 89% of the races. 9 drivers have won all the races. Sunshine has 8 wins, Windom and KT 4 each, Darland and Bacon 3, everyone else 5. If you add TMez, everyone else only won 3 races. They are Ballou, Stockon and Leary. Last driver to win a race who wasn't one of those 9 was Roa last November out in California. There were 4 new winners in 2016.
Last edited by Adolph; 8/24/18 at 9:23 AM.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, tirespinner
8/24/18, 8:58 AM   #20
david mitchell
Banned

Have to agree on this point.You pretty much know the winner is coming from the first two rows if not the front row.Still slightly better than Formula One.Just enjoy the racing.😆

1 member likes this post: Pat O'Connor Fan
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thoughts on Kokomo tonight