IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
WorldOfOutlawsFan (Offline)
  #1 7/25/18 12:19 PM
First time i've been there in a while. Track was pretty bad throughout the heats. One line around the bottom got pretty boring for me. They reworked the track before the B main for about 40 minutes. Didn't like the long delay but it made the racing slightly better. One negative is how late they got out on a week day. Didn't get home until about 2am. Overall I give kokomo a 4/10. Friends told me how good it was and that i need to make a trip back down there but I was not impressed. I guess i will stick to watching winged sprint cars
Josh Spencer (Offline)
  #2 7/25/18 12:44 PM
Thanks for coming and supporting the track! I hope you can make back for the All Star show in October!

Josh Spencer
10 Likes: dwhitney1169, Hammer, IndianaSprintFan, Jerry Spencer, jim goerge, Kydehart, mc/rider, Mrs G, PIT CART, wildman92
Mrs G (Offline)
  #3 7/25/18 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by Josh Spencer:
Thanks for coming and supporting the track! I hope you can make back for the All Star show in October!

Josh Spencer
You are a good man, Josh Spencer, and I am thankful for you!
22 Likes: billw, Bobv, davidm, dwhitney1169, Eatin Dirt, fish, GYATK94, Hammer, i love dirt track racing, ISF, Jerry Spencer, jim goerge, Josh Spencer, Kydehart, luckybuc97, mc/rider, PIT CART, PJ Wright, rachasin, rapid robert, wildman92, WinglessLovers
badcoupe (Offline)
  #4 7/25/18 12:49 PM
The extended prep was unusual in my experience, granted we only race there a few times a year. The heats were bland but the feature was good. At least it wasn’t a follow the leader dry slick race like every woo and all star race I’ve ever attended. It did make for a late night though. We’re 2+ hours away and after loading up etc I was home around 1:30
2 Likes: jim goerge, luckybuc97
  #5 7/25/18 1:09 PM
Originally Posted by Josh Spencer:

Josh Spencer
I haven't been there in 5+ years and from what i've been told this is not how a normal Kokomo show is ran. I'll be back in October
8 Likes: Bobv, Jerry Spencer, jim goerge, Johnewill, Josh Spencer, Kydehart, luckybuc97, Mrs G
R A K (Offline)
  #6 7/25/18 1:50 PM
Originally Posted by WorldOfOutlawsFan:
First time i've been there in a while. Track was pretty bad throughout the heats. One line around the bottom got pretty boring for me. They reworked the track before the B main for about 40 minutes. Didn't like the long delay but it made the racing slightly better. One negative is how late they got out on a week day. Didn't get home until about 2am. Overall I give kokomo a 4/10. Friends told me how good it was and that i need to make a trip back down there but I was not impressed. I guess i will stick to watching winged sprint cars
There is a quote that states "our technology has surpassed humanity". It is my opinion that tire (technology) has surpassed dirt (track prep) capacities. The surface simply can't keep up.
3 Likes: Bill Angel, captrat, PIT CART
cl124 (Offline)
  #7 7/25/18 2:08 PM
I was not able to be there in person but did watch online. Will agree with you on the racing, however having seen at least a few races at Kokomo I will strongly encourage you to making another trip back. Every other race i've seen there has been the best racing around. If you are free for Smackdown you will most definitely not leave disappointed.
3 Likes: Jerry Spencer, jim goerge, speed bump
  #8 7/25/18 2:21 PM
Originally Posted by badcoupe:
The extended prep was unusual in my experience, granted we only race there a few times a year. The heats were bland but the feature was good. At least it wasn’t a follow the leader dry slick race like every woo and all star race I’ve ever attended. It did make for a late night though. We’re 2+ hours away and after loading up etc I was home around 1:30
There's a reason why a lot of non wing drivers are going to wing. But you have your opinions and i have mine
PIT CART (Offline)
  #9 7/25/18 2:34 PM
Not every race is going to be a barn burner. 🏁
3 Likes: jim goerge, superstock30, team3521
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #10 7/25/18 2:58 PM
As stated plenty times before I love both wings and without. But 90% of Wing heat races are bad as far as racing goes. Sounds like Kokomo last night was like going to a wing race, follow the leader heats and a good feature. Definitely not a typical night from what I gather
2 Likes: jim goerge, Kydehart