Register! Forgot Password?
nathans1012 (Offline)
  #11 7/5/18 2:13 AM
45 UMP Modifieds
18 602/ 305 Wing Sprints
9 600 n/w Micro Sprints
7 Wing Micro Sprints
20 Bombers

9T Ryan Thomas won 50 lap modified feature over 96m Mike McKinney.

2024 Season: Race 1 - April 20th Brownstown (Crate LM). Unlike many I don't discriminate on what racing I choose to watch.
Grocery Guy (Online)
  #12 7/5/18 1:11 PM
Nice car counts. It's great to see a track promote a new event, especially on July 4th. Getting a crowd on a holiday can be challenging with all the family options. Nathan, you did a nice job helping promote this event. I hope they had a great crowd.
Bill May (Offline)
  #13 7/5/18 1:38 PM
Anybody have the 305 sprint results?
racer-x (Offline)
  #14 7/5/18 3:25 PM
I can never find any of shady hill’s race results!!
Rich Mersereau (Offline)
  #15 7/5/18 3:30 PM
wait for the Marc Times
3 Likes: Bill May, racer-x, sprintracer82
hoosier race fan (Offline)
  #16 7/5/18 4:59 PM
Originally Posted by racer-x:
I can never find any of shady hill’s race results!!
You must be looking in the wrong place. They’re on this page. Just scroll down to where it says “2018 Results.”

https://shadyhillspeedway.com/points%2Fresults

Results from last night are not posted yet, but they usually are within a few days.
2 Likes: nathans1012, racer-x
nathans1012 (Offline)
  #17 7/5/18 11:38 PM
305 Results can be found on the "Indiana Racesaver Sprint Cars" Facebook page.

2024 Season: Race 1 - April 20th Brownstown (Crate LM). Unlike many I don't discriminate on what racing I choose to watch.
nathans1012 (Offline)
  #18 7/5/18 11:48 PM
Originally Posted by Grocery Guy:
Nice car counts. It's great to see a track promote a new event, especially on July 4th. Getting a crowd on a holiday can be challenging with all the family options. Nathan, you did a nice job helping promote this event. I hope they had a great crowd.
Thanks. I know they do things a little bit hillbillyish but it's still the closest track to my house besides Rt 66 & it's My home track even though we like to race else where.
The races for both the mods and 305 where very good.
I have a feeling they could run the 305 sprints weekly after watching last night if there where enough of them up this way and Shadyhill gives then a bit more tacky track to race on.
I have a hard time watching the Pro Sprints at Plymouth and there where a few of them there last night.
There is more then enough room on the track for cars to race.
The only bad part was we had a bit of rain right before the 305 heat races and it took a bit to run it back in.
Then they ran the 2 Modified b-mains, 600 N/W main, Bomber main, and Modified main before the ran the 305 A-Main.
If the Sprint would have had a bit more tacky track instead of dry black slick it could have been a lot better.
All in all the racing was good in all classes even after the 5 minute rain shower slowed the program up.

3 Likes: EBookerFan, Rich Mersereau, spicoli
hoosier race fan (Offline)
  #19 7/6/18 9:31 AM
Originally Posted by nathans1012:
Thanks. I know they do things a little bit hillbillyish but it's still the closest track to my house besides Rt 66 & it's My home track even though we like to race else where.
The races for both the mods and 305 where very good.
I have a feeling they could run the 305 sprints weekly after watching last night if there where enough of them up this way and Shadyhill gives then a bit more tacky track to race on.
I have a hard time watching the Pro Sprints at Plymouth and there where a few of them there last night.
Shadyhill has improved by leaps and bounds the last two years. It has that sort of diamond in the rough feel that Montpelier had about 8-10 years ago. I was thrilled to see them add the crate late model class this year and hope that grows. It could be a lot like the midget class at Montpelier if they promote it well.

With the number of classes they already have, and with Plymouth struggling to get cars, I don’t think adding a 305/602 sprint class would make sense for weekly racing. I think what they did running them Wednesday with the special show was perfect. Running them 2-3 times a year at the most would be a nice complement to that class running at other places in the Midwest.
2 Likes: EBookerFan, spicoli
JHarris (Offline)
  #20 7/6/18 3:28 PM
I see who won on facebook but no results. Please advise.