IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Dirtfan (Offline)
  #11 6/14/18 12:25 AM
From what I understand,there are 3 years left on the lease,track is Grandfathered.
We as a racing community need to support Blmgtn Speedway,I know about the schedule,logistic challenges,I may or may like this or that on how the track is run.
I still go,yes I'm 30 minutes away,know the backroads,shortcuts etc.
Once something is gone its gone,trust me I know personally.
There's another track north of me that may be in its final year if no one purchases it,we don't want that either.
IMO and to quote a dear friend,unless someone has solid intell,I would consider Blmgtn Speedway being sold as
"Fake News"

Dan Hetser

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
15 Likes: BrentTFunk, coachmeece, COURIER3, dshort36, Great Scott, i love dirt track racing, Jerry Shaw, mlamb, PJ Wright, rapid robert, ronmil, Rpracing1, spicoli, superstock30, wildman92
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #12 6/14/18 6:40 AM
I have no information, but would think if it ever is sold it would be for more money than a golf course could generate, even owned by IU.
Hamilton71 (Offline)
  #13 6/14/18 10:10 AM
Mitchell family has not sold the property and do not look to sell the property. Hopefully it remains for many years to come. Needs all our support from fans and racers to make that happen no matter who holds the lease.
7 Likes: BrentTFunk, Dirtfan, Great Scott, Jerry Shaw, ronmil, smith19, wildman92
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #14 6/14/18 11:44 AM
Originally Posted by Hamilton71:
Mitchell family has not sold the property and do not look to sell the property. Hopefully it remains for many years to come. Needs all our support from fans and racers to make that happen no matter who holds the lease.
That's good news. I've been really looking forward to to the Indiana Sprint Week date at the track. Especially since I'm just a few weeks removed from seeing maybe the best race I've ever seen there.

Jerry

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
4 Likes: Charles Nungester, dirt330, oppweld, smith19
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #15 6/14/18 3:20 PM
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw:
That's good news. I've been really looking forward to to the Indiana Sprint Week date at the track. Especially since I'm just a few weeks removed from seeing maybe the best race I've ever seen there.

Jerry
Had people at the little 500 telling me how good the Burton race was. Did that last year then the 500 but didn't get any sleep trying to camp so didn't this year. Seeings how I just got out of 800 dollars in fines at court. I'll probably make three in a row. THAT, LPS and Bloomington for Sprnt Week will $$$ left over.

Charles Nungester
wildman92 (Offline)
  #16 6/14/18 11:18 PM
Ahhhhh, fake news strikes again.

Jen Kelley (she/her)
4 Likes: Dirtfan, dshort36, i love dirt track racing, tirespinner