IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
nathans1012 (Offline)
  #1 2/27/18 8:43 PM
Gas City I-69 Speedway
Gas City, Indiana

Scroll down to bottom of the link for full schedule
2018 Schedule - https://www.racestarpublications.com...edway-schedule

2024 Season: Race 1 - April 20th Brownstown (Crate LM). Unlike many I don't discriminate on what racing I choose to watch.
16 Likes: cmiracingvids, davidm, fish, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, LUCKYONE, MIracing, oppweld, PJ Wright, racegal, rapid robert, spicoli, Tall Jackson, TNRustler, Will Shunk, WinglessLovers
chracing17 (Offline)
  #2 2/27/18 10:05 PM
Does anyone know what the D2 midget rules will be?
MIracing (Offline)
  #3 2/27/18 11:05 PM
Good to see they are running sprints every week. The sprint and midget combo shows should be good to see. Really impressive schedule for getting a late start.
4 Likes: LUCKYONE, oppweld, PJ Wright, tirespinner
hoosier race fan (Offline)
  #4 2/27/18 11:16 PM
I am interested in seeing the reaction of weekly fans to $15 general admission for weekly shows. It wouldn’t be an issue for certain events, but for a track that has not raced weekly for a few years, I hope it doesn’t keep people away. Not much room for error with an attempt to reopen a place that closed because of low fan and competitor support.

Don’t interpret my statement above as me complaining or criticizing. That’s why I said I am curious to see the reaction of weekly fans. I did not say that I am mad or that I think it is ridiculous, etc. Not my decision to make or my money on the line. Just hoping it isn’t a deterrent because I want to see the track open and successful again.
2 Likes: OnTheHammer, tirespinner
revjimk (Offline)
  #5 2/28/18 4:02 AM
Here's what I'm curious about: June 8th, "wings vs, nonwings" Are they actually gonna race against each other? I don't know anything about GLSS winged cars... is this some kind of 410 vs. 305 handicap??
Interesting...
revjimk (Offline)
  #6 2/28/18 4:06 AM
Originally Posted by revjimk:
Here's what I'm curious about: June 8th, "wings vs, nonwings" Are they actually gonna race against each other? I don't know anything about GLSS winged cars... is this some kind of 410 vs. 305 handicap??
Interesting...
OK, I checked... GLSS is 360s
Find it hard to believe that they will be racing against wingless cars.... maybe they're just misusing the word "versus"?
Adolph (Offline)
  #7 2/28/18 5:23 AM
http://www.gascityi69speedway.com/schedule/
17 race schedule is out.
OnTheGas61 (Offline)
  #8 2/28/18 10:24 AM
I confirmed that winged and non-wing sprints will run separate programs/features on June 8th. Although that might be fun to watch! Still, it's a great night of racing scheduled.
3 Likes: luckybuc97, spicoli, tirespinner
OnTheGas61 (Offline)
  #9 2/28/18 11:02 AM
A little research shows that Lawrenceburg, Paragon and Putnamville are all charging $15 for a weekly race night. Lawrenceburg charges $7 for kids 7-12 years-old as well, Paragon alls 10 & under free. Gas City is 12 & under free. So it seems consistent across the board for adult GA. Kokomo hasn't posted ticket prices.
4 Likes: interpreter66, PIT CART, spicoli, tirespinner
jjones752 (Offline)
  #10 2/28/18 11:21 AM
Originally Posted by chracing17:
Does anyone know what the D2 midget rules will be?
They're USAC Midwest Thunder point races, so MTM rules (also same as IMRA).

Jim Jones
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97