IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Cockpit adjustable device
1/31/18, 11:18 PM   #11
Honest-Sam

NATIONAL SERIES
Date: JANUARY 1, 2018

ALL NATIONAL SERIES

Digital bleeders are allowed. Air may not be introduced to the tire. Bleeders may not be controlled remotely.
Full containment seats mandatory beginning May 1, 2018. Beginning in 2019 all seats must meat SFI 39.2 specifications.

Silver Crown Series
Tire options for events in 2018 remain the same as 2017

National Sprint
Suspension adjustments by the driver from the cockpit will not be permitted.
Front axle tethers will be mandatory beginning May 1, 2018.
Hoosier will make 94/14.0 available in RD12 compound.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
1/31/18, 11:22 PM   #12
Honest-Sam

I can’t see where money savings is the reason for the changes.

Also, as I understand it, the seat rule and tether rule is driven by Eldora Speedaway (new track rule).

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, tirespinner
2/1/18, 8:08 AM   #13
Re: Cockpit adjustable device
hairracer44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honest-Sam View Post
NATIONAL SERIES
Date: JANUARY 1, 2018

ALL NATIONAL SERIES

Digital bleeders are allowed. Air may not be introduced to the tire. Bleeders may not be controlled remotely.
Full containment seats mandatory beginning May 1, 2018. Beginning in 2019 all seats must meat SFI 39.2 specifications.

Silver Crown Series
Tire options for events in 2018 remain the same as 2017

National Sprint
Suspension adjustments by the driver from the cockpit will not be permitted.
Front axle tethers will be mandatory beginning May 1, 2018.
Hoosier will make 94/14.0 available in RD12 compound.
I hope guys read this rule closer as it does not say just shocks it states "Suspension adjustments by the driver from the cockpit will not be permitted" No adjustable shocks or weight jacking devices would fall in that rule not just shocks.

I'm like Grumpy Racer and his original post opinions are important but he is just asking which local track are going to follow in USAC's footsteps with this rule.

2 members like this post: the1jet17, tirespinner
2/1/18, 12:54 PM   #14
Go Fast

Race Count This Year: 3

Worthy of noting that the front axle tether rule is the same as the Outlaws per Levi. Radius rod location and king pin to king pin tethers are required after April.

I never had a bad day, just some more challenging than others!

2/1/18, 1:07 PM   #15
Chris Baue

The driver adjustable rule changes were not made for the purpose of saving racers money. The intent was to try to even the playing field somewhat in hopes of attracting more cars to show up to the National events. I don’t understand why so many guys are all upset about it.

2/1/18, 1:33 PM   #16
Topless Racer 91

Because it wont change anything everyone already has the cables and knobbs . The electronic bleeders however will effect the show because there more efficient & more expensive ,plus there isnt anyway for them to police the remote adjustable part .

1 member likes this post: Leohr46
2/1/18, 1:54 PM   #17
Chris Baue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless Racer 91 View Post
Because it wont change anything everyone already has the cables and knobbs . The electronic bleeders however will effect the show because there more efficient & more expensive ,plus there isnt anyway for them to police the remote adjustable part .
How do you know what will or won’t change anything? As far as digital bleeders go, we’ve had issues with all of the other style of bleeder systems so I look forward to being able to afford and use the digital ones. Maybe shock prices will start falling once the demand for driver adjustable shock sets starts falling? (wishful thinking I know) Even if a guy is in the stands remotely controlling them, who cares? They can only let air out, a normal function of a bleeder. Not allowed to add any via on board air compressors.
Personally, I’d be more worried about other digitally controlled parts on some cars more than bleeders.
Last edited by Chris Baue; 2/1/18 at 1:56 PM.

2 members like this post: hairracer44, tirespinner
2/2/18, 12:08 PM   #18
spankytoo

Race Count This Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Baue View Post
How do you know what will or won’t change anything? As far as digital bleeders go, we’ve had issues with all of the other style of bleeder systems so I look forward to being able to afford and use the digital ones. Maybe shock prices will start falling once the demand for driver adjustable shock sets starts falling? (wishful thinking I know) Even if a guy is in the stands remotely controlling them, who cares? They can only let air out, a normal function of a bleeder. Not allowed to add any via on board air compressors.
Personally, I’d be more worried about other digitally controlled parts on some cars more than bleeders.
Have you ever seen the CO2 canister on a paintball gun? That is how easy it is to put a canister in the hollow axle tube to allow air to be introduced into the tire.

1 member likes this post: Billythekid16
2/2/18, 9:34 PM   #19
Chris Baue

Axle tube is too easy to check. I’m going to put mine inside the wheels haha

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
2/3/18, 11:41 AM   #20
Backitin

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankytoo View Post
Have you ever seen the CO2 canister on a paintball gun? That is how easy it is to put a canister in the hollow axle tube to allow air to be introduced into the tire.
Stuff like this kills me, lol. If you have to go thru this type of trouble to win a sprintcar race please get a late model or something. Please leave the nonwing sprints out of this stupidity. If you have to stoop to hiding things in axles and wheels you suck most likely and odds are don't have a lot of winning in your future anyhow.
There should be no adjustments at all in the cockpit, that's what a driver is for. Any and all knob twisting should be done in the pits, especially any driver tuning that might be called for.
As for digital bleeders, if regular bleeders are allowed also who cares.
p.s. I'm not saying the guys that posted before me suck, I'm pretty sure the dude aint setting up a tire inflation system as I type. But there are guys out there with even stupider things bouncing around in they're heads.
Last edited by Backitin; 2/3/18 at 11:45 AM.

3 members like this post: captrat, interpreter66, oppweld
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Cockpit adjustable device