IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 4 corner Hoosier tire rule vs Open Tire Rule
8/12/17, 7:34 PM   #1
4 corner Hoosier tire rule vs Open Tire Rule
spankytoo

Race Count This Year: 22

I guess the owners and drivers have spoken loudly this weekend. 37 cars @ Paragon with an open tire rule. 38 cars at the BOSS race at Mansfield with an open tire rule. Only 21 at LPS and the MSCS with a Hoosier Tire rule.

8/12/17, 8:43 PM   #2
Roy Bleckert

The tire rule should be any tire that is $150 bucks or less per tire & available to every competitor is allowed !!!

7 members like this post: erich45, Leohr46, oppweld, PIT CART, racer-x, racer5c, superstock30
8/13/17, 2:04 AM   #3
Re: 4 corner Hoosier tire rule vs Open Tire Rule
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankytoo View Post
I guess the owners and drivers have spoken loudly this weekend. 37 cars @ Paragon with an open tire rule. 38 cars at the BOSS race at Mansfield with an open tire rule. Only 21 at LPS and the MSCS with a Hoosier Tire rule.
Man I guess I need new reading glasses, I don"t see anything about what you"re trying to say. How many of the cars that run Paragon, run anywhere else but Paragon? Dam few. The new cars you got this weekend are ones who went to the back yard when the big dogs came and took over the front poach

7 members like this post: 2HWrench, fish, flagboy55, Jbaldwin, JDR37, Mattmac05, superstock30
8/13/17, 5:13 AM   #4
Buster51

I dont know the total reason why there were so many cars at paragon. What i noticed was the winner was past champion. I am a paragon regular. I would run lps and have before the tire rule. Like alot of guys racing now we are 40 hr a week guys that have to get best bang for the buck. No to mention you hear so many guys have a tire deal on a tire rule not good.

4 members like this post: hairracer44, Leohr46, spankytoo, tirespinner
8/13/17, 5:21 AM   #5
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Third straight weekend of 40 or more cars for BOSS. Darland, Cottle, Leary, D Smith. Landon Simon, KRob, Westfall, Little, Among many others at Mansfield Tonight.

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
8/13/17, 5:49 AM   #6
Buster51

Run what you brung. Thats what we need. As long as its safe.

8/13/17, 7:09 AM   #7
flagboy55

I'm speaking strictly from a fan perspective, but does any other tire company contribute back to contingencies and points funds as Hoosier? If they do, they hide it well. Maybe you pay a little more for their products and get a little more back from them. Just a fans perception

1 member likes this post: Jbaldwin
8/13/17, 8:43 AM   #8
BrentTFunk

From a fan arguing over tires keeps me away from races.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
8/13/17, 9:26 AM   #9
spankytoo

Race Count This Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
I'm speaking strictly from a fan perspective, but does any other tire company contribute back to contingencies and points funds as Hoosier? If they do, they hide it well. Maybe you pay a little more for their products and get a little more back from them. Just a fans perception
The only people that get anything back is the ones that brings home the $3K and $4k wins. Almost everyone else that bring back $300 or less pays full price so they are subsidizing the racing of the guys that can actually afford the higher price.

7 members like this post: CGardner46, flagboy55, hairracer44, Leohr46, superstock30, Tom23, TQ29m
8/13/17, 9:50 AM   #10
Sandy Lowe

Does anyone remember what the spec tire rule was at Lincoln Park in 1999?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 4 corner Hoosier tire rule vs Open Tire Rule