IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > OT Badlands Motor Speedway
11/30/16, 5:39 PM   #11
Re: OT Badlands Motor Speedway
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by spot1 View Post
Great newsday around here......................first find out that another race track is shutting down and then find out that USAC is not scheduling any 2017 races West of Illinois. There goes all the non-wing racing around here..........................poof, gone................................
Shumans Group runs IL, MO. Where did you see that about USAC?

11/30/16, 6:05 PM   #12
spot1

Race Count This Year: 45

Charles, it was on Eagle Raceway's facebook page. They announced the Shuman's WAR group is going to run at Eagle in September and it will be the only time to see non-wing racing this year as USAC is not scheduling any events West of Illinois. Just repeating wat I read......................

11/30/16, 6:51 PM   #13
addictedtodirt

Oval Nationals in Cali are west of Illinois. Hold your horses and wait for the schedule due out next week.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Jonr, oppweld
11/30/16, 7:20 PM   #14
sp6967

Quote:
Originally Posted by spot1 View Post
Great newsday around here......................first find out that another race track is shutting down and then find out that USAC is not scheduling any 2017 races West of Illinois. There goes all the non-wing racing around here..........................poof, gone................................
you mean no tracks wanted to schedule usac west of Illinois .

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, PIT CART
11/30/16, 7:38 PM   #15
Jonr

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp6967 View Post
you mean no tracks wanted to schedule usac west of Illinois .
.....and how many tracks west of Illinois did they race at last year? Not 100% sure, but I think the answer is 3 with one of those tracks closing its doors.

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
12/1/16, 12:30 AM   #16
spot1

Race Count This Year: 45

In addition to BMS (Badlands), the Sprint Cars raced at Jackson Motorplex (Minn.), Eagle Raceway (Neb.) and Lakeside Speedway (Kansas City, KS). I know for a fact that Eagle was figuring on having a race in 2017 again. The Midgets ran a few more different racetracks West of Illinois, too.

3/15/17, 4:06 PM   #17
Nate

So back to this place. I saw where they now have an abbreviated schedule this season but they just released a schedule for 2018...a bit early for that isn't it?

On the other hand, the place is really nice and any racing is good racing to me so I hope it all goes down as planned. Just odd.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, nathans1012
3/15/17, 6:46 PM   #18
captrat

This is a waste of time. Want all the who cares dirt? It has beaten to hopefully a merciful death on Hoseheads where name calling supercedes thoughtful discussion.

1 member likes this post: oppweld
3/15/17, 11:12 PM   #19
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

IDK, The track says the Gold Cup will be Wing Sprints (Sanction not determined yet) USAC Sprints and USAC Midgets.

3/16/17, 8:28 AM   #20
Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by captrat View Post
This is a waste of time. Want all the who cares dirt? It has beaten to hopefully a merciful death on Hoseheads where name calling supercedes thoughtful discussion.
There's typically more thoughtful discussion on here in one thread than the other website has in a month. That's why I don't go on there.

That said, I was simply asking why a track would push out a 2018 schedule...in March of 2017?

1 member likes this post: jjones752
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > OT Badlands Motor Speedway