IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Two questions for the fans......
6/11/08, 12:22 PM   #31
Re: Two questions for the fans......
Jim Gardner

The sprints need to go back to irp.

6/11/08, 12:32 PM   #32
stephen

Run a series in the mid-south then up the Mississippi River:

Wednesday PIR Paducah,KY
Thursday I-30 Speedway Little Rock,AR
Friday Riverside Speedway West Memphis,AR
Saturday I-55 Raceway Pevely,MO
Sunday Tri-City Raceway Granite City,ILL

This way even the first three races run in the south, you are still running in an area that has sprint cars and the area fans know what sprint car racing is all about. Run the ASCS Sprint Bandit format with heat passing points and then qualifying races, you get to see a lot of racing even before the feature.

6/11/08, 12:50 PM   #33
TNRustler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Lowe View Post
Rex,

I'm pretty sure Atomic Speedway is history. Last I heard they were going to turn the land into a truck stop or a terminal for a trucking company (something along those lines).

Sandy
Sandy,

You are correct. They pulled the plug on Atomic a couple years ago and have done nothing with the land since then. The track, stands, everything is still exactly the way it was after the last race. What a shame.

Lee

6/11/08, 1:07 PM   #34
PJ Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNRustler View Post
Sandy,

You are correct. They pulled the plug on Atomic a couple years ago and have done nothing with the land since then. The track, stands, everything is still exactly the way it was after the last race. What a shame.

Lee
Every time I pass by on I-40, I get depressed. Crete Carriers is the company that bought the track property.

6/11/08, 1:22 PM   #35
throb

first off i would try my hardest to find some sponsors to provide tow money for teams who signed on for a tour. then i would head west hitting tracks on the way.

lucas oil
lakeside
knoxville
eagle

then WAY west

skagit
chico
calistoga
tulare
VENTURA!!! A MUST...and yet knowbody has said it yet....at least that i saw
perris

then on the way back

manzy
devils bowl
west memphis, AR
dixie

just a dream tour....that if i had the money....the time.....i would follow

how many tracks are running sprints in alaska now days???? how bout usac building new fans in the last frontier!!!

6/11/08, 1:23 PM   #36
Racer9bro

As far as Qualifying goes keep it!! There is nothing like watching a guy go balls to the wall for 2 strait laps with out worrying about running over someone else. This pill draw and group qualifying is a shame it should be 1 car 2 laps flat out as fast as you can go.

I vote for a west coast swing, God knows we have plenty of killer tracks from Washington State to Arizona. I would pay top dollar to hit a swing at the following tracks.

Skagit Speedway - Washington State
Cottage Grove Speedway - Oregon
Silver Dollar Speedway - California
Calistoga Speedway - California
Paris Speedway - California
Manzanita speedway - Arizona:applaud:

Derek Sweet

6/11/08, 1:32 PM   #37
T&A Racing

There are so many good tracks. I like most of the suggestions.

Time trail aren't needed but I sure do enjoy them. I love see just 1 car at a time putting it on the line...on that edge....and seeing the individual styles.

6/11/08, 1:41 PM   #38
SpfldMile

I'm with these guys, keep qualifying. To hear a guy in and out of the throttle, and running on the edge is great. They had group qualifying at the Bettenhausen a couple of years ago and it was garbage. Keep it one at a time. The eastern swing runs on some good tracks, it seems to be a good week. This year the weather just didn't cooperate. Some guaranteed tow money for the teams would be nice.

6/11/08, 1:58 PM   #39
RACEADDICT

:thumb Blah Blah Blah. Only two things to say. Pevely, MO and Granite City, IL would be KICK ASS non-wing races. Please make that happen.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6/11/08, 2:00 PM   #40
throb

i remember going to granite city for a usac show once.........as i remember the promoter was a bastard.....is the same guy still there?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Two questions for the fans......