7/18/16, 8:09 AM   #71
Re: Terre Haute Make Up
bojo20

Could not make it back this year so thank you very much for the updates ====joe

1 member likes this post: wildman92
7/18/16, 5:32 PM   #72
BrentTFunk

I can not believe people are actually complaining they can't get race monitor at home. A promoter takes a huge risk running a make up race. Teams show up after a hot, humid grueling week. What a slap in the face to the sport.

6 members like this post: D.N.3, Eatin Dirt, flagboy55, Jbaldwin, PJ Wright, tirespinner
7/18/16, 5:54 PM   #73
D.N.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
I can not believe people are actually complaining they can't get race monitor at home. A promoter takes a huge risk running a make up race. Teams show up after a hot, humid grueling week. What a slap in the face to the sport.
Sadly a lot of people are selfish and if things don't go the way they want they cry. They love the sport but are contributing to killing it. I would not want to be a promoter in today's whinny world.

Thank you USAC and promoters for giving us a fun week of racing!

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Jbaldwin, PIT CART, PJ Wright, tirespinner
7/18/16, 6:46 PM   #74
ThePurple73

The Action track is a classic. I would love to see them run Terre Haute on a Saturday night!
Sprint week or other.

2 members like this post: illinifan, tirespinner
7/18/16, 8:31 PM   #75
flagboy55

Well Brent, folks have to have something to complain about cause they can't complain about the racing. I actually was starting to complain myself last night at the hut, but turned out to be a good race. As far as what's killing the sport, I'm not sure any social media or pay per view, or live electronic timing and scoring is killing anything. I for one want to go to the track whenever I can. I make a decision to go on a number of factors non of which are weather or not any alternative feeds are available. I think all those options actually help keep up interest. What's killing our sport is not enough young people attending and not enough sponsors. Thankfully we got a few younger folks trying to spread the word like GYATK94, good seeing you yesterday, keep up the mission!

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, GYATK94, Jbaldwin, spicoli, tirespinner
7/18/16, 9:19 PM   #76
Rapid Rick

Thank you to everyone who made the Terre Haute rain date possible. The easy route would have been to cancel; but would sprint week really have been complete without the finale at the Action Track? We all know the answer to that.

5 members like this post: 2fast4u, flagboy55, mc/rider, RacingNut, tirespinner
7/18/16, 11:07 PM   #77
GYATK94

Race Count This Year: 36
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Well Brent, folks have to have something to complain about cause they can't complain about the racing. I actually was starting to complain myself last night at the hut, but turned out to be a good race. As far as what's killing the sport, I'm not sure any social media or pay per view, or live electronic timing and scoring is killing anything. I for one want to go to the track whenever I can. I make a decision to go on a number of factors non of which are weather or not any alternative feeds are available. I think all those options actually help keep up interest. What's killing our sport is not enough young people attending and not enough sponsors. Thankfully we got a few younger folks trying to spread the word like GYATK94, good seeing you yesterday, keep up the mission!
Good seeing you again as well, flagboy. I'm doing my best to get the word out. I've taken a few friends around my age of 22 to races, and they all tend to be impressed by what they see, but for whatever reason they just don't get into it. I'm sure part of my interest is due to the fact I was essentially raised at Tri-State Speedway, but I still imagine I'd be a fan even without that background. Now, as a college student at IUPUI, I struggle to find anyone there who even knows what a sprint car is. The school hosts a motorsports day every semester when they bring out a sprint, midget, late model, stock car, etc. and let students check them out on a courtyard, but it never seems to draw a big crowd. Oh well, the tracks will continue to get my money and my friends' whenever I can drag them along!

Congrats to Bacon on the sprint week title, glad I could make it to a couple sprint week shows and the three nights at Eldora. It was a hell of a week.

7/19/16, 8:45 AM   #78
DG97

People always have to find an issue to complain about. My son and I stayed down Sunday for the race, then drove 9 hours home so I could work at 7 a.m. We would do it again. Indiana sprint car racing is always worth the trip. See you at ISW next year.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Terre Haute Make Up