IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City feature
7/9/16, 9:20 AM   #1
Gas City feature
Longtime sprinter

Omg. Couldn't make it to G.C. but just read the usac report of the feature. Sounds like it was the kind of race we all go to see. Give me some insight, sounds like he hugged the tires, but did he come up at all for passes? Did he just have a faster car? Sounds like there wasn't a very good cushion for B.C. to push off. How was the track? One of, if not THE best race I ever saw was last to 1st by Pletch at Terra Haute, and darn I had to miss this one.

7/9/16, 9:48 AM   #2
Re: Gas City feature
trust2

I only got to see the highlights, but sunshine had that car a rocket hugging the bottom, the top just didn't have the moisture to keep up with the very bottom line. seemed like whoever went to bottom was going to move forward and fast.

7/9/16, 11:01 AM   #3
cmiracingvids

TCs car was glued to the bottom. He had all kinds of forward bite coming off 4, and that's where he made the majority of his passes. The top was good in 3 and 4 but there wasn't much to lean on coming off 2, and that's where Clauson lost the lead. Bryan did battle back on the top to take 2nd at the line. It was just a cool deal to see Courtney spin on lap one and come all the way through the field to win it! That's the kind of Cinderella stories we all love. Andretti and Hopkins started like 15 and 16 in the b main and both transferred. If your car was good enough, you could pass anyone. Very racy track.

2 members like this post: PIT CART, WinglessLovers
7/9/16, 11:25 AM   #4
hoosier race fan

It reminded me of seeing Michael Burthay run the huggy pole with a ton of forward bite in the early/mid-2000s. Track prep looked a lot like it was back then also. 2 distinct top and bottom lines. There were some great races between Bill Rose and the late Tony Elliott when the track was like that.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, interpreter66
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City feature