IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tony Elliott Tribute Race June 21st on MAV TV
6/25/16, 1:48 AM   #31
Re: Tony Elliott Tribute Race June 21st on MAV TV
short track scott

Thank you to all those who attended the race Tuesday night. It was the only non wing sprint car date on our 2016 schedule, and it was nice to see the teams that came in for the event.

When this event was scheduled, it was penciled in as our annual "Open Wheel Wednesday" show. It was decided Tuesday was a better fit for reasons previously mentioned, notably Speedweek running its easternmost stop as well as USAC heading to the high plains a few days later.

The non wing sprint car count was a few cars less than expected, but again as stated by car owners within this thread a midweek date up here is hard to support despite the desire to be racing. The Shepherd Firearms Pro Sprint class has seen more growth recently, and a new driver will be in the field in a week or two as well. Kevin Atkins turned a qualifying lap of 12.991 in the Pro Sprint, which was around two tenths under the fast time for the non wing cars. The Swan Lake Resort UMP modifieds put on a good show as well, despite a delay for lighting at the beginning and an unfortunate tangle between leaders on the white flag lap.

Mod Note: After winning at Limaland tonight (6/24) Dylan Woodling has gone from winless in his modified career to three (Plymouth and Kokomo) in the last 30 days. And went from fourth to second, and charging, in Tuesday's green white checkered finish at Plymouth.

And a nod to Stevensville "Cigar" Mike. First off, it was great to know you made it to Plymouth!! Wished I had known that on raceday. But it was pretty busy up top. Kalamazoo Speedway's Jason Seltzer and I had a ball calling the event. I agree with you had I a vote I'd have voted that things be different as well. I lost a former father in law and his son my lawyer that awful day as well as a friend to us all in Tony Elliott. Life goes on but never he same.

And thank you to all who have noted the upgrades and efforts of the entire group involved with Plymouth Speedway. While no one is claiming victory, success or anything of the sort, it is encouraging to see positive feedback from fans and racers. Finding the balance in the racing surface is an ongoing challenge, but most will acknowledge our progress in that area. There is much work left to do. It's a fact that the place takes a lot more maintenance the more improvements are made. We have and will keep trying to make the place a little better every time we open the gates.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tony Elliott Tribute Race June 21st on MAV TV