IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > BC interview
6/14/16, 7:16 AM   #1
BC interview
flagboy55

If you guys get a chance, there's a nice interview with Bryan on pennlive.com , worth a listen

6/14/16, 3:04 PM   #2
Re: BC interview
revjimk

Thanks, good interview.
I have my doubts about him saying he would like to go fulltime WoO some day, tho. He's one of the elite wingless drivers. maybe the best, but from what I've seen, pretty average with a wing. I guess he likes to take on new challenges & chance for more $$....
200 races in a year is amazing, hope he pulls it off!

6/15/16, 9:56 AM   #3
D Byrd

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
Thanks, good interview.
I have my doubts about him saying he would like to go fulltime WoO some day, tho. He's one of the elite wingless drivers. maybe the best, but from what I've seen, pretty average with a wing. I guess he likes to take on new challenges & chance for more $$....
200 races in a year is amazing, hope he pulls it off!
this may be a fair analysis

but, considering BC has run just over 100 wing races in his career, almost entirely in the last 3 years while spending the entirety of his formative years racing without a wing

with the bulk of those races being with a team (Matt Wood Racing) that was completely new to 410 wing racing (starting last February), with a crew chief making the step up to crew chief for the first time after years of being a car chief (starting last April)

and considering he has won 4 wing races with that team (5 total wing wins, so just under a 5% winning percentage after 10 years of professional racing before really doing any wing sprint car racing)

and has made the final night of the Knoxville Nationals 2 years running, winning the Friday night A-main at Knoxville last year

and considering he has 15 top 10 finishes under the wing so far this year (in 30 races), with 1 win, while regularly bouncing back and forth between wing, non-winged, and midget (sometimes on the same night)

and in 2015, ran 64 wing races with 31 top 10's (3 wins), while still learning the nuances of racing with a wing --- really his first full time wing racing gig. the team chose to run the first season with the NSL. Bryan finished 6th in points (running all but one race), posting 1 win, 10 top 5's, and 21 top 10's. he finished 6th to Lasoski, Madsen, Kaeding, Balog, McCarl (not bad company).

in 2013, in what I believe was just his 3rd wing race ever, he posted his first wing win

one might say that he's actually looking pretty good

6/15/16, 11:24 AM   #4
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

We are witnessing a remarkable time in openwheel racing in talent,technology and safety.Usac all time win list include five present day drivers in the top 15,Jones and Hines recently retired.Darland,Clausson and Stanbrough still rockin.Most USAC,WOO,ASCS events have at least 10 or more quality racers and crews and cars ready to go.Safety is aways improving as it should, which adds to a drivers confidence and performance

6/15/16, 11:55 AM   #5
flagboy55

I have to agree with Byrd, I think Bryan is doing very well in winged cars, and I look to Ohio speed week to see him Excell even more. It will be a chance for him and his crew to concentrate on wings for an extended period of time. Also we all know how much he loves kokomo and I believe he's scheduled to run the 2 day show there in July, expect a big weekend for him then. Selfishly I hope he never quits the wingless stuff but I wish him success whatever choice he makes. I know right now I sure do love watching him race and chase 200.

6/16/16, 1:23 AM   #6
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Byrd View Post
this may be a fair analysis

but, considering BC has run just over 100 wing races in his career, almost entirely in the last 3 years while spending the entirety of his formative years racing without a wing

with the bulk of those races being with a team (Matt Wood Racing) that was completely new to 410 wing racing (starting last February), with a crew chief making the step up to crew chief for the first time after years of being a car chief (starting last April)

and considering he has won 4 wing races with that team (5 total wing wins, so just under a 5% winning percentage after 10 years of professional racing before really doing any wing sprint car racing)

and has made the final night of the Knoxville Nationals 2 years running, winning the Friday night A-main at Knoxville last year

and considering he has 15 top 10 finishes under the wing so far this year (in 30 races), with 1 win, while regularly bouncing back and forth between wing, non-winged, and midget (sometimes on the same night)

and in 2015, ran 64 wing races with 31 top 10's (3 wins), while still learning the nuances of racing with a wing --- really his first full time wing racing gig. the team chose to run the first season with the NSL. Bryan finished 6th in points (running all but one race), posting 1 win, 10 top 5's, and 21 top 10's. he finished 6th to Lasoski, Madsen, Kaeding, Balog, McCarl (not bad company).

in 2013, in what I believe was just his 3rd wing race ever, he posted his first wing win

one might say that he's actually looking pretty good
Hey, I'm not putting him down at all, he's one of my favorite drivers. I guess I should have said his winged record hasn't matched his stellar wingless performances

6/17/16, 12:56 AM   #7
D Byrd

Bryan picked up his second wing win of the year tonight in ASCS action at Creek County Speedway.

4 members like this post: davidm, DirtHawk92, i love dirt track racing, rclaridge
6/17/16, 2:30 AM   #8
revjimk

Quote:
Bryan picked up his second wing win of the year tonight in ASCS action at Creek County Speedway.
Alright, way to go..... Prove me wrong, Bryan!

1 member likes this post: DirtHawk92
6/22/16, 12:38 AM   #9
D Byrd

Bryan added to his maiden ASCS win from last week with his first All Stars win tonight during Ohio Speedweek

3 members like this post: DirtHawk92, fish, i love dirt track racing
6/22/16, 3:01 AM   #10
revjimk

Quote:
Bryan added to his maiden ASCS win from last week with his first All Stars win tonight during Ohio Speedweek
He's proving me wrong & I'm glad!
Driver of the Year....

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > BC interview