IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Park Speedway - World of Outlaws - June 8!
6/8/16, 11:52 PM   #21
ThrowbackRacingTeam

What a bunch of sissies! Shane on anyone for paying to see that crap.

6/8/16, 11:52 PM   #22
dirtbag

Paul McMan turned over too

1 member likes this post: Racer_dude35
6/9/16, 12:04 AM   #23
GYATK94

Race Count This Year: 36
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowbackRacingTeam View Post
What a bunch of sissies! Shane on anyone for paying to see that crap.
Shame on us who paid to see the show? Lol. I try so hard to not engage in arguments on here, but now someone has descended to the level of claiming us who pay to support a type of sprint car racing should be shamed. Are you wingless purists on some childish quest to put an end to wing racing? Yes, let's all bash the outlaws because their show at a track they hadn't raced at in nearly 30 years didn't go completely smooth despite the feature being a good show! Screw them and their unwillingness to go out and destroy equipment in this financially dictated sport of racing! Whatever. I guess I'll just continue to enjoy any type of sprint car race I attend, regardless of the wing. Shame on me.

6/9/16, 12:08 AM   #24
GYATK94

Last edited by GYATK94; 2/22/23 at 12:10 PM.

5 members like this post: flatout, MIracing, Panama, pushinthecushin, TBONE
6/9/16, 12:46 AM   #25
Jim Gardner

I thought the outlaw feature was really good until the cautions came in bunches. Schatz Gravel and Larson were battling it out for the lead in heavy lapped traffic.

The track wasn't too heavy for the outlaws. It was too rough and narrow for a quality race. The track rework was lengthy but necessary, as much more equipment probably would have been torn up.

Certainly not the best scenario, but there are greater tragedies in life than having to stay late at a racetrack. It'll be a long drive home and an early morning to go to work. But I'm glad I went. 40 bucks well spent.

6/9/16, 1:00 AM   #26
Twister17

Lengthy track work is never welcomed. However a big cushion a lane and a half up the track isn't conducive to any type of good racing.
If they hadn't done the track maintenance, the complainers would say how wing racing is boring with no passing.
If you watched the feature and were not entertained perhaps Motorsports aren't your calling.

6/9/16, 1:49 AM   #27
GYATK94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Gardner View Post
I thought the outlaw feature was really good until the cautions came in bunches. Schatz Gravel and Larson were battling it out for the lead in heavy lapped traffic.

The track wasn't too heavy for the outlaws. It was too rough and narrow for a quality race. The track rework was lengthy but necessary, as much more equipment probably would have been torn up.

Certainly not the best scenario, but there are greater tragedies in life than having to stay late at a racetrack. It'll be a long drive home and an early morning to go to work. But I'm glad I went. 40 bucks well spent.
Well said, Jim. I should've posted in a calmer manner like yourself, but that guy's "shame" remark helped the sarcasm slip out lol.

Definitely 40 bucks well spent, and I'd spend it again given the opportunity. Gravel was right there with Schatz the entire time as was Larson until his wreck. Congrats to Schatz. I know he's not a fan favorite, but the guy can wheel a sprint car.

6/9/16, 7:45 AM   #28
motorhead748

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Gardner View Post

Well said. It was a good feature. Just didn't like getting home @ 2 & up at 4:30

2 members like this post: flatout, PIT CART
6/9/16, 8:39 AM   #29
motorhead748

[QUOTE=ThrowbackRacingTeam;448099]What a bunch of sissies! Shane on anyone for paying to see that crap.[/QUOTE. I've been around this a LONG time...if you really believed what you said you'd had your car there.

6/9/16, 9:26 AM   #30
Re: Lincoln Park Speedway - World of Outlaws - June 8!
open_wheel_outlaw

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 9

"Shame" on anyone who didn't expect some trials and tribulations at a track the Outlaws hadn't raced on in forever and a track that normally doesn't run wing sprints. I had a good time, and watching Kyle Larson up until the wreck in the feature was worth $40. What a talent to jump in with the Outlaws run as hard as he did and be up front so much. Just didn't care for the reserved seating situation, the no lawn chairs in the grandstand rule, or that HARF discount was not available for this event, but hey Outlaws are a different show than normal with different rules than we are normally used to at LPS. Glad Outlaws gave LPS a shot and hope they feel they deserve future races as I would be in attendance.

1 member likes this post: bigvee
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Park Speedway - World of Outlaws - June 8!