IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Paragon Speedway Usac
11/5/15, 9:19 PM   #61
Re: Paragon Speedway Usac
BrentTFunk

Keith, I hope you are a better at dealing with sanctioning bodies than you are at answering questions. I know if you were trying to persuade me, you would have to do better than having a bunch of people call me, even though you will not give them the facts. I was hoping this would work out, but this is kind of embarrassing.

4 members like this post: jim goerge, mowerman, rclaridge, Vukie
11/5/15, 9:39 PM   #62
Slider20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
Keith, I hope you are a better at dealing with sanctioning bodies than you are at answering questions. I know if you were trying to persuade me, you would have to do better than having a bunch of people call me, even though you will not give them the facts. I was hoping this would work out, but this is kind of embarrassing.
Who pissed in your Cheerios today? At least he is TRYING.

11/5/15, 10:10 PM   #63
addictedtodirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slider20 View Post
At least he is TRYING.
And how do you know this?

I like Paragon. The KISS race and Amatti 68 are great races. Asking IOW to contact USAC in hopes of getting a show seems to be a one of a kind.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, jim goerge
11/5/15, 10:37 PM   #64
Rpracing1

I don't think me and a few of my buddy's leaving a voicemail on a USAC answering machine is going to get Paragon a USAC show. I think Paragon has to present a valid case and convince USAC that they can pull it off. So did USAC already turn them down with their request? Schedule is pretty full now but if you convince them I will be in attendance. Best of luck!

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, jim goerge, ronmil
11/6/15, 1:39 AM   #65
dirtbag

40 lapper

11/6/15, 1:46 AM   #66
dirtbag

We'll picket the usac office for a usac 40 lapper at paragon speedway I'll be there

11/6/15, 7:07 AM   #67
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slider20 View Post
Who pissed in your Cheerios today? At least he is TRYING.
The guy asked for opinions ,reads comments and doesn't answer questions, and then expects the people who he withholds information from to make calls to pressure the other party. I think it is a very unusual way to do business. What if Mr. Ford said he wanted a race the Saturday of the Smackdown, or the final night of Sprintweek? Should USAC drop everything to accomadate him. I am just saying before I get involved, I would like to know all the facts. Last year USAC had more races than they have had since the mid 1970's, and I would guess several are already back on the schedule. I still would attend this race, and like Keith and Paragon Speedway. I just think a better way to do this would be to provide more information. I just saw where Eagle Raceway already has a USAC race on next years schedule, so maybe not every track waits until a month before the schedule comes out to try to get a date. Not sure if I call that trying.

11/6/15, 8:43 PM   #68
Buster51

The Kiss show at Paragon is as good as a USAC show. Very good racing a lot of the same teams as Usac show.

2 members like this post: ronmil, spicoli
11/7/15, 5:34 AM   #69
Stephen Cording

I've only been to Paragon once back in 2012 for the KISS show, with a well timed rain shower that juiced the track up before the feature. Hell yeah I'd like to see a USAC Sprint Week or Midget Week show there. But what track would you drop...............Not sure the teams could handle an 'extra' day or the tracks loose a potential rain date* on the Monday & Tuesday.

I wouldn't grumble at a POWRi date either at the start or end of their Midget Week either.

*As an overseas visitor losing Kokomo this year (Both Midget Week & Sprint Week) was a real hard and repetitive kick in the balls! Thankfully I was able to attend Smackdown for my yearly Kokomo Fix.

In short I'm aware the Paragon is not everyone's cup of tea. But I enjoyed my night there and the racing I watched. If all tracks were the same it's be pretty boring right............'Oh another cookie cutter, nice one napcar.

Anyhow that's my English Two Pennies worth.

Good luck to all those in favor.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Paragon Speedway Usac