IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo through the eyes of a fan
8/30/15, 10:40 AM   #1
Kokomo through the eyes of a fan
FEATHERDUSTER

Kokomo speedway once again did an fabulous job putting on this event from the track prep to the constant cleaning and trash removal.
The idea of having a person picking up the trash under the stands is a great idea and having empty trash cans is also nice.
What upsets me is how people can sit by their vehicles drinking and eating then when the racing starts they just walk away and leave piles of trash for someone to pickup.
Come on folks it doesn't take that much effort to carry it to the gate and throw it in the trash barrels or put it back in your vehicle till you get to a trash can somewhere.
I like the idea that some folks are finally using their heads and putting protective eye wear and hearing protection on small children.

8/30/15, 10:57 AM   #2
miledirt

Totally agree about the inexcusable behavior of just throwing trash to the ground wherever you are at

2 members like this post: Indy1808, jim goerge
8/30/15, 10:57 AM   #3
PIT CART

I wish they would put garbage cans in the camping area.

3 members like this post: addictedtodirt, Indy1808, interpreter66
8/30/15, 12:20 PM   #4
Re: Kokomo through the eyes of a fan
BrentTFunk

I bag my trash at every track I go to, and put it in a barrel or dumpster

8/30/15, 2:46 PM   #5
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

So do we. And if there's no trash can or dumpster nearby, we shove it in the back of the truck and take it home with us. Sometimes the smell knocks us on our a$$ the next morning. But I wouldn't dream of leaving my garbage there for someone else to pick up.

8/30/15, 3:15 PM   #6
TQ29m

I had a young lad that helped me for a while, hardly ever said anything, and when he did it usually was wise, one night the trailer beside us pulled out, and he looked and just said, "looks like a landfill", cracked me up! Bob

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo through the eyes of a fan