IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hows this going to work? Weekly 5g to win 700start
8/18/15, 11:33 AM   #21
Re: Hows this going to work? Weekly 5g to win 700start
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonr View Post
There is nothing wrong in wondering how this is going to work. According to a quick web search the Sioux Falls metro area has a population of 250,000. The whole Badlands brand is going to be difficult to support with this population base.

Honestly, how many people have Sioux Falls at the top of their bucket list?
Add to that Twice a week racing with Racing on Sunday 360s and it seems that a couple of his venues are competing against each other with the concerts etc.

Personally Im glad that teams could go race and not totally lose their tails every week and be able to rebuild a engine with a win and another good finish.

Tims not wrong,These things suck $$$, Recouping a good portion or actually coming out ahead in a night would be a good thing.

8/18/15, 12:31 PM   #22
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill May View Post
And all participants receive a trophy.

Bill may
All just alike, right! Think about it a bit, for $700.00 to win, the big dogs might go somewhere else, and for $700.00 to start, you might just have to expand the pit area! Ha, hold that thought, too many cars in the pits again! Bob

8/19/15, 11:55 AM   #23
Daboy

Either it will be a hit, or a flop, either way it will be an interesting 2016 season for us. I did see that they have a add for a flag man. So to me that means that Doug Clark has choose Knoxville.

And a little promo.

Last edited by Daboy; 8/19/15 at 12:27 PM.

8/19/15, 8:42 PM   #24
Flatrightrear

What will be interesting to watch is if this big deal doesn't turn out as planned will there be any racing at all after the fallout?

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
8/20/15, 6:40 AM   #25
BrentTFunk

I think the track will probably be a tax right off for the first couple of years, so making money may not be the priority. I still think the pie in that area is not that big, and I don't see Knoxville going under. Time will tell.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hows this going to work? Weekly 5g to win 700start