IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Anywhere to practice with mini sprint?
8/17/15, 7:56 PM   #1
Anywhere to practice with mini sprint?
BigBoost5.3Notch

Like the title says looking for somewhere to get some practice time in with a mini sprint. Is there anywhere to go in the indiana, Louisville or Cincinnati area? Thanks guys

8/17/15, 8:20 PM   #2
Re: Anywhere to practice with mini sprint?
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBoost5.3Notch View Post
Like the title says looking for somewhere to get some practice time in with a mini sprint. Is there anywhere to go in the indiana, Louisville or Cincinnati area? Thanks guys
Big

Seat time is hard to get and can cost. Seeing Cincinnati makes me think 35 raceway park http://www.35raceway.com/

Louisville I would probably try 4H fairgrounds in Charlestown Indiana. Most tracks are owned by fairboards and it can be hard to get permission, 35 on the other hand is private and it is much easier for them say yes if the deal is profitable. Remember dirt tracks need prep just to play on them.

Honest Dad himself

8/17/15, 8:32 PM   #3
BigBoost5.3Notch

Thanks for the reply dad. I understand the issues trying to get some practice time in. Just figured if a guy was willing to travel there has to be somewhere haha.....

8/17/15, 9:40 PM   #4
cfr

According to their website, Paragon Speedway is available to rent.

8/17/15, 10:14 PM   #5
badcoupe

You may check with billy at Liberty, we go over there and play around occasionally if we're having trouble with something.

8/17/15, 11:09 PM   #6
DAD

Big

Racing has always been an OJT type endeavor both for driver and mechanic. You are going to be racing with a lot of racers also getting OJT experience. Don't expect a lot of success right off the bat. While a little practice would be nice it's going to be hard to find a track that most people cold afford just for practice. Find a race near to home. Go talk to the officials and track owners, sometimes they can help you get a few laps in and not bothered by other cars. This occurred last weekend at the MMSA race I think at Chandler Speedway after the race was over. https://video-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hv...8c&oe=55D2B873

When you decide to get started>> start on the back of the pack, put a rookie streamer on your roll bar and above all else hold your racing line and have fun. Most people take to driving a race car like a duck takes to water>>>>now becoming a racer is another matter>>>That goes back to my favorite saying>> Seat Time>>Seat Time>>Seat Time.

Have Fun

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 8/17/15 at 11:21 PM.

8/17/15, 11:54 PM   #7
hoscalecody

If I remember correctly you can rent Waynesfield Raceway Park for some amount of hours on Sundays. But that's in Waynesfield, Ohio

8/18/15, 9:11 PM   #8
usache

US24 speedway rents their track the last I knew...call Jim Woods..

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Anywhere to practice with mini sprint?