IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Pevely - WoO & Powri
8/9/15, 1:20 AM   #1
Pevely - WoO & Powri
miledirt

Thomas Messeraul won the midgets in Shane Hmiels car, then Rico, Hagen, Daum and Shane Stewart passed Schatz late to win the 55 lap WoO feature - Rico second, Schatz, Paul McMahan

Rico was tough in both, 2nd in both features - very impressive

8/9/15, 2:32 AM   #2
Clydesdale

Racing was great lots of passing and slide jobs. The night had a big event feel to it. This was our first time here and it is like a miniature Eldora.This is defiantly a must see event, can't wait to come back next year.

5 members like this post: bmemmer, RadRacer, SDHill89, sfish, wrtracing
8/9/15, 3:38 AM   #3
bmemmer

Had a great time at Pevely. Racing was great both nights with plenty of passing in both classes. Last night's midget feature was epic. You can catch it on powri Facebook page

4 members like this post: illinifan, jim goerge, SAC74, wrtracing
8/9/15, 8:00 AM   #4
Re: Pevely - WoO & Powri
miledirt

I agree about the big event feel... and with a little planning, it has the potential to get even bigger.

1 member likes this post: bmemmer
8/9/15, 8:38 AM   #5
dsc1600

Ironman has always been great, but having POWRI there just puts it over the top. I don't think Friday nights show will be topped all year in terms of racing and last night was awesome as well.

4 members like this post: bmemmer, illinifan, SDHill89, wrtracing
8/10/15, 12:49 AM   #6
wrtracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc1600 View Post
Ironman has always been great, but having POWRI there just puts it over the top. I don't think Friday nights show will be topped all year in terms of racing and last night was awesome as well.
I agree. We went both nights and the track was not the same both nights but was great both nights. Tremendous racing all night long both nights. I think that it really opened the eyes of lots of race fans to how exciting midget racing is. When I got there Saturday night lots of sprint car and modified fans were talking about the midget feature the night before. I don't go to a lot of winged sprint car races but I try to never miss them when they are at I-55 because there is more passing and side by side racing than anyplace else I have ever been. The modifieds gave us a good show as well. Johnny Gibson and Jim Childers did a great job on the PA!

Thanks POWRi, WoO & the folks at Federated I-55 Raceway for a great weekend of racing!!!!!!!!!!!

There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way.

Christopher Morley

6 members like this post: bmemmer, Clydesdale, illinifan, SAC74, safetyjoe, SDHill89
8/10/15, 6:33 AM   #7
miledirt

Seeing the midgets at Pevely just whet my appetite for the upcoming Gold Crown at Tri City! Midgets, MOWA, then the USAC champ cars at DuQuoin under the lights... great weekend ahead

4 members like this post: Clydesdale, luckybuc97, stealth43k, wrtracing
8/10/15, 8:10 PM   #8
SAC74

Sprints & Midgets always put on a great show. I can't tell you how many times I've heard people talk about how great the Midget show was when they're paired with Sprints. Many came for the Sprints but left talking about the Midgets.

3 members like this post: illinifan, jim goerge, wrtracing
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Pevely - WoO & Powri