IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tri-City car count(POWRi)
7/24/15, 10:44 PM   #1
Tri-City car count(POWRi)
Clydesdale

Does anybody know why the car count is so low tonight? Thought there'd at least be 25. Only 14 showed up, looks like there could only be 11 start the feature.

7/24/15, 10:50 PM   #2
illinifan

Race Count This Year: 10

Not sure either?? Kind of weird Bell is here in Keith kunz's sprint and no kunz midgets! Rico was supposed to be here, he won with MOWA last night up the road in Quincy, and tonight he's a no show? Non wingers are representing pretty good Bacon and Bell front row with Hunter outside row two and Casey Shuman looked pretty good in the JHR 77 tonight to!

2 members like this post: DirtHawk92, jim goerge
7/25/15, 12:21 AM   #3
Clydesdale

Pic of Hagen climbing the flagpole after his win!
Attached Images
image.jpg (222.8 KB, 132 views)

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, DirtHawk92, fish, jim goerge, mpvintage54
7/25/15, 1:04 AM   #4
ThrowbackRacingTeam

Rico was at Indy hanging with Larson and getting interviewed on nbcsc. Pretty damn sad when midgets won't show up to run a 3/8 mile track. I guess the joke was on them since Kunz took a pass and let someonelse win! What's worse is Kevin Miller doesn't think anything is wrong with midget racing. Sorry Kevin, but you can't run Macon and Little Belleville every week. USAC should fire him and re-hire someone more sane like Davey Hamilton.

3 members like this post: dirtball, Indy1808, mowerman
7/25/15, 1:28 AM   #5
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowbackRacingTeam View Post
Rico was at Indy hanging with Larson and getting interviewed on nbcsc. Pretty damn sad when midgets won't show up to run a 3/8 mile track. I guess the joke was on them since Kunz took a pass and let someonelse win! What's worse is Kevin Miller doesn't think anything is wrong with midget racing. Sorry Kevin, but you can't run Macon and Little Belleville every week. USAC should fire him and re-hire someone more sane like Davey Hamilton.
I'm wondering just where this was a usac event....last I checked it wasn't.

Or was this just dragging someone's name through the mud just for the sake of doing it?

7/25/15, 1:31 AM   #6
ThrowbackRacingTeam

You know as well as I do that USAC sets the rules that other "national" midget groups go by. So yes, they have a direct impact on what happens with other midget associations. He was the one who said what he did not me. So, do you think midget racing is fine then?

7/25/15, 1:59 AM   #7
ThrowbackRacingTeam

USAC midget week: 44 cars at 1/4 mile Putnamville, the next night 24 cars at 3/8 mile Lawrenceburg.

1 member likes this post: Pat O'Connor Fan
7/25/15, 7:49 AM   #8
PushEm

Had a few of them at the Speedrome

7/25/15, 8:00 AM   #9
Re: Tri-City car count(POWRi)
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowbackRacingTeam View Post
You know as well as I do that USAC sets the rules that other "national" midget groups go by. So yes, they have a direct impact on what happens with other midget associations. He was the one who said what he did not me. So, do you think midget racing is fine then?
I don't think midget racing is healthy at all, but to blame a person who runs another sanctioning body for another sanctioning bodies low car count is ridiculous at best. I think all that it shows is that POWRI has the same problems as everyone else. This is nothing new. This has been ongoing since the 1980's.

7/25/15, 8:47 AM   #10
Re: Tri-City car count(POWRi)
miledirt

I guess it's just the larger track, but 14 cars? Makes me wonder if there's another factor going on to this very low car count. Farmington tonight for Powri and definitely a lot less strain on motors there

1 member likes this post: midget39
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tri-City car count(POWRi)