IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington Updates 5/30
5/31/15, 4:42 PM   #51
Chase32

You would think people around this sport should know how I drive by now and would know a mistake when they see one. Instead people just like to ***** about something they don't like, wrong, right, or indifferent. You know the old saying "opinions are like ass holes...." Thank you to the ones who support me and my abilities to wheel the best race cars in the world!

5/31/15, 5:13 PM   #52
i love dirt track racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase32 View Post
You would think people around this sport should know how I drive by now and would know a mistake when they see one. Instead people just like to ***** about something they don't like, wrong, right, or indifferent. You know the old saying "opinions are like ass holes...." Thank you to the ones who support me and my abilities to wheel the best race cars in the world!
Chase you are a class act and fun to watch. Fan friendly in pits and always great to talk to you and thanks for all you do for the sport we all love. Thanks.

4 members like this post: Indy1808, Pat O'Connor Fan, Rpracing1, tigerone
5/31/15, 5:45 PM   #53
Re: Bloomington Updates 5/30
babcock14d

Chase, 2 weeks 2 different tracks and 2 sliders that didn't work if you cant clear us then it is your place to lift not ours, its over now but we have lost a lot of respect for your driving.
Last edited by babcock14d; 5/31/15 at 5:46 PM.

3 members like this post: bighd0522, Racer_dude35, spicoli
5/31/15, 5:48 PM   #54
KingRandomUser

Indeed this has been blown way out of proportion. Did Chase make a Mistake? Yes. Was it a bone-head move? Yep. Has he done it a lot lately? Perhaps. But doesn't every driver have their moments or times where they seemingly turn into the "Bad-guy"? Chase is simply going through a bit of a bad-decision phase, it's a part of racing. Everyone has to remember drivers are humans too, they do make mistakes. After all, they have to make decisions in fractions of a second for 3-15 minutes during each race. Think of it as being in thick rush-hour traffic that's moving at a good rate, cars daring from one lane to the next, exit ramps, etc. Then think of that whole situation moving two or three times faster. Then for the heck of it, let's say there's snow/slush on the ground to simulate a slick dirt track. Could you really make perfect decisions all the time in that?

I'll give Chase credit for manning up and admitting he made a mistake. Not his first, not his last. Nor will he be the only one. As long as he and Chris discussed it and came to terms, then so be it. Let it go and hopefully Chase can settle down and refocus and we won't have to be discussing this any longer.

I'm simply thankful nothing was torn up and both can return to race again. And let's not forget, karma bit Chase later on as his left rear went down forcing him out. So in a weird way for those of you still mad at Chase, justice was served. Nevertheless all that matters is if Chase and Chris are on the same page so we don't have to worry about torn up equipment or worse...

5/31/15, 6:49 PM   #55
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
But then again, a PERFECTLY EXCUTED slide job is a thing of beauty! JMO
I don't know about you, but to me a perfectly executed slide job is when the other driver doesn't have lift, brake or adjust his line. I don't see many of those, but when I do they are a thing of beauty. I want to make it clear that I did not see the moves at Bloomington or Haubstadt, but I have always thought of Chase as clean driver.

2 members like this post: fish, jim goerge
5/31/15, 7:00 PM   #56
Scott42

Did anyone come down and say anything to chase after the race or we going to bash him on here? I'm not taking sides but it's between chase and Chris. If Chris had a problem he needs to be the ONE to say something. We've all been in the wrong but let's handle it like men.

3 members like this post: gentry26x, jerrythar500, Mattmac05
5/31/15, 7:06 PM   #57
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
I don't know about you, but to me a perfectly executed slide job is when the other driver doesn't have lift, brake or adjust his line. I don't see many of those, but when I do they are a thing of beauty. I want to make it clear that I did not see the moves at Bloomington or Haubstadt, but I have always thought of Chase as clean driver.

Exactly what I said ehh BTF

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
5/31/15, 8:23 PM   #58
chastaj

What ever happened to having position. If you look at the video, Chase has 1/2 car length on the inside of Babcock. To me that give him the position and It wasn't up to Chase to "lift" when he was in front.

1 member likes this post: AB Racing
5/31/15, 8:39 PM   #59
babcock14d

when you are going from the bottom to the top the driver on top shouldn't have to lift to keep from being taken out by the inside car, its not your spot till you get past, this deal is over so lets let it rest arguing from this point on is not going to solve anything.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington Updates 5/30