Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The 2008 Indy 500
5/19/08, 10:38 PM   #51
Re: The 2008 Indy 500
Ovalmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
BILL!!! Your back!!!!:applaud::applaud::applaud:

Anyone looking for parking for the big race, or even Carb Day, check us out at: www.shoestringracing.com We are about as close as you can get without parking in the infield!!
Click on the "Park n' Pee link
We have just a few spaces left, so reserve yours now!!!

Bill gets a free spot if he wants to attend his first 500!! Welcome back B.G.!!!
Crankin...you should note the time and date stamp on Bill's post. I think it was quite awhile ago. Seems this post has been resurrected. Anyone know the latest on Bill? I may have an extra ticket if he wants to see his first 500! :thumb
David.

5/19/08, 11:58 PM   #52
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

So far it has been Friday through Sunday at the Speedway on Pole Day weekend, KISS at Gas City and then the next two days at the Speedway on Bump weekend. This week, Speedway then over to Anderson on Wednesday, Anderson and then over to THAT on Thursday, Dirt Champ on Friday night, Speedway Saturday morning and IRP that night, then down to Haubstadt.

Long nap on Monday after I get back to Springfield.

Frank Daigh

5/20/08, 1:06 AM   #53
chadsniffsmethanol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
BILL!!! Your back!!!!:applaud::applaud::applaud:

Anyone looking for parking for the big race, or even Carb Day, check us out at: www.shoestringracing.com We are about as close as you can get without parking in the infield!!
Click on the "Park n' Pee link
We have just a few spaces left, so reserve yours now!!!

Bill gets a free spot if he wants to attend his first 500!! Welcome back B.G.!!!
do you have any spots left?

My plans for this week include...possibly THAT for sprints(depends on money), friday at the fairgrounds for dirt cars, saturday little 500/irp (i havent decided yet), the 500 on sunday (i still love indy cars), and just maybe Haubstaut (if i dont stay in indy sunday night)

5/20/08, 5:42 AM   #54
Wing H8a

Seeing as Im 8,191 miles away from the yard of bricks I wont be making it this year. But I have always wanted to see the 500 live.

Reading some of the posts in this thread is like taking an Indy 500 history lesson. heres my fav.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Pierce View Post
I live 60 miles from the track and haven't been to a race in 40 years. I think mid 60s when it was rained out a couple of times. I know I'm living in the past when I think about the "500". Front engine roadsters, parking 3 wide on 16th Street or Georgetown Rd the night before, going to the old 16th St Speedway for midgets, drivers in tee shirts, and you could actually see drivers in the cars. I think now they put some cutouts in the car and control it from the pits with a joystick. Speed...yes they are fast, in fact, like a blur. Instead of 250 down the straits, I liked 120 in the turns with the driver working the wheel. I liked guys from Tinley Park, IL and St Louis rather than Monaco and Paris. The race was 4 + hours rather than what now, an hour and a half? Having said that, it's still an event. I'm glad for those who enjoy slot car racing that the merger will be completed. If it's on TV I may watch the pre-race and the start and, if I'm awake, the finish. Nah, I'll probably mow the yard.
Also nearly a whole 6 page thread without any IOW members arguing/dissagreing ....nearly

5/20/08, 8:37 AM   #55
Crankin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovalmeister View Post
Crankin...you should note the time and date stamp on Bill's post. I think it was quite awhile ago. Seems this post has been resurrected. Anyone know the latest on Bill? I may have an extra ticket if he wants to see his first 500! :thumb
David.

Oops! Missed that one, sorry.
I too would like to see an update on Bill!! Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadsniffsmethanol View Post
do you have any spots left?.
Yes Chad, we do have a few left.. Come on down!:thumb

5/22/08, 2:09 PM   #56
observing

Quote:
Originally Posted by assiemidgetfan View Post
I wouldn't slag off Pagenaud, Tagliani, Power, Tracy or even Phillipe off.
Katherine Legge won't be around, but she would hand Danica her ass-she is much smoother, has better reactions, is more calculating and has more guts to make the overtake.
and if they get rid of the crapwagons and bring in a decent car/engine package I would even find a way to get there....
:moono you really think anyone on this board, other than yourself, gives a kangaroo turd about your opinion on any topic? If your answer is in the affirmative, your ego has overwhelmed even your ignorance of American racing.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The 2008 Indy 500